Heckingbottom has left the building.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 5081

Re: Heckingbottom has left the building.

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I'm happy he has gone, wasn't a right fit for the players or the club being honest and a silly appointment from AR.

Apparently were after Bielsa,
A deal with coach Marcelo Bielsa and Leeds United could arrive soon, there are contacts between the coach and the English club. The final agreement could come during the weekend, there is confidence within the club. In the past few days Leeds have contacted other coaches, including Italians Pippo Inzaghi and Claudio Ranieri, plus Steve Bruce and Matias Almeyda. Club president Andrea Radrizzani however has considered the Argentine the right person for the job, although there is nothing finalized between the parties yet.

I wouldn't mind this man in the dugout because he is highly liked by both Pep Guardiola and Pottechinio. This guy is looked on as the father of tactics and playing styles and although it would be his first attempt at English football he would certainly bring a lot of no nonsense to the dressing room and experience too.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

We need someone who knows the Championship, it's the only way to go..
I am not going to get involved into the feeding frenzy about who should be drafted in as new Head Coach other than to strongly agree with the comment already made.

Andrea Radrizzani has already picked out two duds in a year of his full tenure and just before that was surprised when he could not keep hold of Garry Monk. A very ordinary record to say the least and he also blindly retains Victor Orta. There is a lot of good that has been done in other areas of the club but it is still really hard to be positive or confident about his stewardship.

We have to wait and see what he manages to conjure up next.
Keep The Faith / WAL
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

I think any number of coaches could get us promoted, old or young, British or foreign. Our problem is always the quality of the squad, we are always short of at least 3 or 4 players.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Whilst Bielsa would be an exciting appointment I just fear his knowledge of the championship and the type of players that are required in the championship reduce his chances of success, much like Sven at leicster.

Big Sam, Bruce and McCarthy would hit the ground running, although I detest Bruce and I’m not sure McCarthy is that good!
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Despite his scum roots, Steve Bruce is one of the nicest guys you could meet.

I would not want him as manager here but 'detest' is a strong word mate.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Rumours coming out of Argentina that Bielsa has agreed a deal and we're awaiting a work permit before announcing, could be as soon as Monday.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

As I have said earlier all I want at the club is stability and an end to this revolving door policy. It takes time to get a team working together, sadly time is a word sadly no longer in our vocabulary. Since the 1st July 2014 we have had 9 managers, we are a laughing stock. As others have said has Radrizzani considered that the real problem might just be the recruitment policy applied by Victor Orta ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

If it is to be Marcelo Bielsa as the new head coach then given the high regard given by Pochettino & Guardiola then I'm sure they'll loan us a few of their youngsters solving any initial recruitment concerns.
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:If it is to be Marcelo Bielsa as the new head coach then given the high regard given by Pochettino & Guardiola then I'm sure they'll loan us a few of their youngsters solving any initial recruitment concerns.
That's a good point, NW. Totally irrelevant though if the new manager isn't given time, it really is becoming tiresome. I'm more intrigued about the length of his contract as I would assume he's (providing it's Bielsa), will be on big money.

I'm still not convinced the people at the top know what they're doing.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:As I have said earlier all I want at the club is stability and an end to this revolving door policy. It takes time to get a team working together, sadly time is a word sadly no longer in our vocabulary. Since the 1st July 2014 we have had 9 managers, we are a laughing stock. As others have said has Radrizzani considered that the real problem might just be the recruitment policy applied by Victor Orta ?

I agree with your post, 'cept to say, I don't think we are such a laughing stock, as there are quite a few clubs that have had many managers. Leicester City at one point a few years ago, seemed to have a new manager every fortnight.

What we need to do is get the right manager and give them time, to do the job. Radz' made a huge mistake with Heck', as someone else had mentioned, he might as well have stuck with Christiansen, for all the difference it made.

Also I do not know what is behind the poor discipline, but that needs to be eradicated swiftly.