As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Post by Barlow Boy »

Bielsa has his first press conference at 2pm, available to watch live through various sources, Facebook etc
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
·
4m
Bielsa on transfers: "For the moment we're not intending to bring too many new faces in. From my point of view the club have got plenty of players I feel should remain here, who we should keep." #lufc

Phil Hay
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Bielsa on transfers: "In terms of the process, I get names from Victor Orta, I then give my opinion on them. If we can arrive at an agreement, that's when the process starts." #lufc

:( :(
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

MOT1964 wrote:Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
·
4m
Bielsa on transfers: "For the moment we're not intending to bring too many new faces in. From my point of view the club have got plenty of players I feel should remain here, who we should keep." #lufc

Phil Hay
Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Bielsa on transfers: "In terms of the process, I get names from Victor Orta, I then give my opinion on them. If we can arrive at an agreement, that's when the process starts." #lufc

:( :(
That doesn't sound good to me. If Orta has the first option of the players then how the hell can Bielsa make his own stamp on the squad with his own players without the bearded assassin getting involved in the process, and we all know how good he is at choosing players. he has a 20% success rate so far for the first team does Orta. :thumbdown:
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Pushed on whether players will leave the club, Bielsa responds...

"What I will say is that we are trying to keep players on our staff who we are going to be using and who will be getting plenty of playing time.

"I've seen all the games that Leeds played last season and the two games in Asia so I have got opinions in my head and have made my mind up about all the players.

"But I have not had that day-to-day time with them, that the club have enjoyed.

"If the club have got players in mind who they wouldn't want to be keeping, they wouldn't be players who I'd like to keep.

"The players I want to keep are the players I can guarantee playing time to."
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

The Argentine continues:

"We think the club generally have got 15 players which we might consider to be an excessive amount... 15 more than we need.

"And we still need four or five different positions on the field where we need to strengthen.

"Moving forward, the squad to my mind shouldn't have too many players in it who aren't getting game time.

"So there might be some departures.

"Anybody leaving, it would be more to do with the fact that I like to have a lean squad so everyone is getting regular minutes.

"Obviously I can't ignore the fact that there are 46 games in this competition, which up to 18-20 weeks in that season where you might be playing two games a week if we have made progress in the cups too.

"But we have one or two youngsters coming through who will be useful also.

"We might need to add one or two experienced faces to this squad."
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

"I get names from Victor Orta and I then give my opinion on those players and if we are on the same page then the process begins."

Seems he has the last word on who comes in.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:"I get names from Victor Orta and I then give my opinion on those players and if we are on the same page then the process begins."

Seems he has the last word on who comes in.
Seems he has the last word on everything by the sounds of this prezzer!
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

He doesnt do short press conferences by all reports, so it could last a good while yet.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Asked about the fanbase at Elland Road, Bielsa says:

"I know everything that a foreign person could have possibly absorbed about Leeds United and what Leeds United means to the supporters.

"I was given a list of instructions - I think I've lost it. It mentioned that Leeds United had the biggest attendances in the Championship last season, but I know Villa had slightly bigger crowds because their play-off games tipped them above.

"But I know, for myself of course, that Leeds take a huge amount of support away with them, and that the team means an awful lot to this city."

He has done his homework on both the players and fans
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:He doesnt do short press conferences by all reports, so it could last a good while yet.
He doesn't do one to one's with journalists, so answers every question asked of him at press conferences. Has been known to last 4 hours!
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay