As a forum do we think BIELSA is the right man ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Is he

Yes he's the man
66%
I have my doubts
34%
I don't want him at the club
1%

Total votes: 137

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: As a forum do we think Biesla is the right man ?

Post by Davycc »

Its understood Leeds United are considering a draft of a contract sent by ex Argentina & Chile boss Marcelo Bielsa who is in talks to become the #lufc new head coach. The draft was sent in the early hours of this morning. Bielsa’s camp say “the ball is in Leeds United’s court.”
Sauce WYSDaily

Doesn't look good if he thinks we play tennis !
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Sounds like its going to be a well exciting time
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Its understood Leeds United are considering a draft of a contract sent by ex Argentina & Chile boss Marcelo Bielsa who is in talks to become the #lufc new head coach. The draft was sent in the early hours of this morning. Bielsa’s camp say “the ball is in Leeds United’s court.”
Oh God, please don't let this be the start of Radz refusing the contract and saying his demands were too high, would have damaged the club, we're disappointed but move on etc, etc :sick:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I don’t really see anything wrong with this, surely draft contracts bounce between the two parties all the time until the final contact is signed. We did it all the time when I was working.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Hope so BB. Just afraid that he'll throw in a few wobblies from his side just because he's not 100% keen on the job.
Just a bit of paranoia from 15 years of muck. :lolno:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
LASAETARUBIA
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by LASAETARUBIA »

just interested in El Loco looking for a new challenge.For those worried about his knowledge of English players let me say he knows all about Iranian players his knowledge of World football is unsurpassed.When out of work he locks himself up in his ranch continuously watching futbol from all over the World.As for pressure no problem Argentina,Chile,Athletic,Velez Sarsfield,Marseille and his own team Newells Old Boys.He is the one who discovered Pochettino in his little Santa Fe town of Murphy.He is the best in the World with young players and is the mentor of not only Guardiola and Pochettino but also Sampaoli current DT of Argentina,and indeed Cholo Simeone at Atletico Madrid.He has no patience whatsoever for any club president who lie if that happens he just walks he has enough money for 100 life times.Leeds players will endure the toughest preseason in their history and will play all out attack almost certainly with three at the back.Tactically its his way or the highway no dissent tolerated.As for egos well how about Veron,Ayala,Alexis Sanchez,Vidal,Mascherano,Zanetti,etc.
One of his sayings is
"In street fights there are two types of fighther one who hits, sees blood gets scared and recoils.Then there is the one who hits sees blood and goes for the kill.Very well boys I am from abroad and I sware to you There is a smell of blood"
Have fun
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Great first post, mate :D

Thanks for that !
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Good post.

I think that the new owner/structure have a different animal to deal with now. Bielsa seems to know exactly what he wants and I get the feeling that money is not near the top of his list. He wants control. That way success or failure will be down to him.

He seems the opposite of what he have had here for years and I am hoping that will be a good thing.

Spotting a decent player is not an art, most of us supporters could pick out a good player within 5 minutes of watching a game with 2 teams we do not know.

It is placing that player in a position that he can flourish because he understands what is wanted of him. It is about assessing certain traits that you can exploit to everyone's advantage and then repeating that with the next player.

I think that Heck knew what was needed but not necessarily how to get it done, Bielsa does seem to understand both. I hope if he comes he is backed to the hilt and then left alone to get on with things.

This could be an exciting period for us.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Great first post, mate :D

Thanks for that !
More to the point....where are you from? And if you're sticking around get on our members map :thumbup:

(Grammar police is it still frowned upon to start a sentence with "And" and in the sentence above would it have been ok to put the question mark after map ? i.e :

More to the point....where are you from and if you're sticking around get on our members map?)

:shock:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote:
rigger wrote:Great first post, mate :D

Thanks for that !
More to the point....where are you from? And if you're sticking around get on our members map :thumbup:

(Grammar police is it still frowned upon to start a sentence with "And" and in the sentence above would it have been ok to put the question mark after map ? i.e :

More to the point....where are you from and if you're sticking around get on our members map?)

:shock:
Mate, the grammar police can do one if the guy's foreign, as he clearly is. How's your Spanish these days ?? Do you conjugate the verb correctly every time ?
If your English is anything to go by, I doubt it :D