Where will Leeds finish this season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

Champions
11%
Runners up
20%
Play Offs
31%
7th - 10th
25%
11th - 14th
12%
15th - 18th
No votes
19th -20th
No votes
Relegation
No votes

Total votes: 83

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Where will Leeds finish this season

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As the title says.
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Where will Leeds finish this season

Post by Sniffer »

Ever the optimist before a ball is kicked.
:)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

2nd!
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We need to hit the ground running if possible. Top 6 at Christmas and a bit of investment and who knows. The pessimist in me says 7th to 10th.
vyvanse
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by vyvanse »

Play-offs.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Hard to say at this early point in the season but 15th or above for me just now. :think:

I really want to be pleasantly surprised; the Head Coach comes with great credentials and experience - the Championship will still be a stiff test for him. We have a better squad than we did last season but there are some weaknesses still,

However, the Owner & Cohorts still have to show that they are capable to sail and steer LUFC in the right direction and perhaps do it on a shoestring. :?
Keep The Faith / WAL
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Having looked at the squads of the other teams in the championship, I definitely think finishing in the playoffs is more than doable. Stoke City comfortably have the best squad in the league, at present, with Nottingham Forest and West Brom probably next in line (although the latter may still lose a few players). Swansea's squad already looks fairly depleted of top quality, but should still be considered contenders of sorts. Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Derby would probably the next tier, followed by Norwich, Brentford and Bristol City. Looking at the quality of our squad, or at least the potential quality, I definitely would say that we could compete with all of those clubs and possibly better them, particularly with Bielsa in charge.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Having looked at the squads of the other teams in the championship, I definitely think finishing in the playoffs is more than doable. Stoke City comfortably have the best squad in the league, at present, with Nottingham Forest and West Brom probably next in line (although the latter may still lose a few players). Swansea's squad already looks fairly depleted of top quality, but should still be considered contenders of sorts. Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Derby would probably the next tier, followed by Norwich, Brentford and Bristol City. Looking at the quality of our squad, or at least the potential quality, I definitely would say that we could compete with all of those clubs and possibly better them, particularly with Bielsa in charge.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

11th to 14th for me, just dont think the squad is strong enough, good enough (or deep enough) plus of course the fact that I had a little wager last season on us getting promoted & I dont want to feel a numpty again this year :D
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

11th to 14th for me.

We are just not strong enough in the key areas. Douglas is a good signing and Bamford is decent but not top notch. CB is going to be our problem again and I cannot see why this was not made our main area to recruit. BPF is no1 according to Bielsa so that area may not have been addressed either. With Forshaw looking injury prone and therefore potentially bad business we then go and sell RV (against the managers wishes).

I do not see Klich & Baker running CM which will mean more runners & crosses coming in to our box with an under par CB pairing.

Really hope I eat my words but over 46 games, we are not good/strong enough.