Centenary kits ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Centenary kits ?

Postby rigger » 31 Dec 2018, 13:45

Been thinking about our kit for next season and wondering whether the board will follow the likes of Saints and Arsenal in reverting to their historic strips to celebrate their centenary ?
The Saints one (all white with a Peru-style diagonal stripe in red) was massively popular with the fans, but the Arsenal one (a deeper shade, almost claret) was less well received.

If we want to honour our founders, this is how we'd look :

While the first Leeds City FC colours could be the away strip :

I know the first one is a bit Sheffield Wednesday/'udders, but it would only be for a season.
I love the City one and also the variations we had on those colours before The Don changed the kit in the 60s.

What do you think ??
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Centenary kits ?

Postby johnh » 31 Dec 2018, 14:34

I think the most iconic strip, historically, is the old gold with blue sleeves and collar. Black shorts.
The Prime Minister has been in our house.
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller

Postby rigger » 31 Dec 2018, 14:38

johnh wrote:I think the most iconic strip, historically, is the old gold with blue sleeves and collar. Black shorts.

I agree, John.
I actually prefer the black shorts version too, even though the white shorts are a bit more "Leeds United" :shh:

If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby NottinghamWhite » 31 Dec 2018, 14:59

I like the 55-56 kit have a replica one, with short sleeves though. I like the old Leeds City badge as well.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Mr Russell » 31 Dec 2018, 15:00

Love the city one, but can see the one that John likes as where the club will head to and that won't be a bad option either.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Postby Another Northern Soul » 31 Dec 2018, 15:12

First LU kit was Huddersfield's and any objective, gracious Leeds fan should be forever thankful for their contribution to our club's beginnings :P

Not being funny but if we're celebrating the centenary why would we try to emulate the 1940s/'50s kits? Was thinking that we should have all-white but with blue stripes on the back of the shirt as a nod to the first LU kit. Whatever the club decides, it will have fans and critics alike :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby Davycc » 31 Dec 2018, 19:09

Plain all white, round neck, no sponsors names and a smiley badge....... won't happen though ;)
This is what makes you champions, you never give in, never ever give in..
Davycc
Don Revie's bingo caller

Postby Another Northern Soul » 01 Jan 2019, 10:16

Davycc wrote:Plain all white, round neck, no sponsors names and a smiley badge....... won't happen though ;)

I was told that Radrizzani dislikes the Smiley badge. Bloody philistine :P
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Return to LUFC TALK