Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Professor Giles
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Spygate

Post by Professor Giles »

What a hypocrite Lampard is. AVB is on the record for several years as saying that he spied on other teams for Jose Mourinho at Chelsea when Lampard was there, yet Lampard says that it didn't happen. AVB had no reason to lie and he volunteered the information willingly. Lampard said a few days ago that he would rather resign than spy, so why didn't he walk out of Chelsea at the time, and why doesn't he hand back his medals now? The real problem here is that certain former players such as Lampard and Gerrard are totally glorified by Sky to such an extent that they have become untouchable in the media and in the public mind in the UK. My friends and I have been joking since the start of the season at how Derby's name has changed from Derby County to 'Frank Lampard's Derby County,' as if the individual is more important than the club. Lampard has achieved precisely nothing as a manager at this point, unlike Bielsa who didn't hide what he was doing and owned up to it.

There is also an element of racism in this: it's against our morals, but Johnny Foreigner will do it. Yet numerous English former players and managers have come forward with stories of spying and obtaining private information from opposing teams. Now that Radz and the board have ticked off Bielsa, they need to stand four square behind their manager at this stage to ensure that there is no fine, suspension or threatened points deduction. No rule has been broken so there should be no formal punishment, but there is clearly a campaign by some Leeds haters to see us done by the FA or FL. The other possibility is that MB might decide to leave if the club doesn't back him, and that would be a disaster.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Sniffer wrote:I saw this earlier and got annoyed so feel free NOT to click on the link. It's Jermaine Jenas trying (poorly) to justify us getting a points deduction.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos ... E2OTU3NDE/
If there was someone making a valid, reasoned point on a firm foundation then, even if it is counter to your own point of view, you might give it some credence.

However when someone puts their mouth in gear and clearly there is nothing between the ears all you can do is not to pay it a moments attention and get on with the rest of your life.

There is hardly a single coherent sentence in the verbal diarrhea being spouted. :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Neil Harris having his tuppence worth on the matter:-

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... l-15680604
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

PhoenixUnited wrote:
Sniffer wrote:I saw this earlier and got annoyed so feel free NOT to click on the link. It's Jermaine Jenas trying (poorly) to justify us getting a points deduction.

https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/videos ... E2OTU3NDE/
If there was someone making a valid, reasoned point on a firm foundation then, even if it is counter to your own point of view, you might give it some credence.

However when someone puts their mouth in gear and clearly there is nothing between the ears all you can do is not to pay it a moments attention and get on with the rest of your life.

There is hardly a single coherent sentence in the verbal diarrhea being spouted. :roll:
This is the problem with modern day footballers they dont have a Brain and just spout out absolute tosh.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Neil Harris having his tuppence worth on the matter:-

How can anyone associated with that vile club talk about respect ??
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rigger wrote:

Talk about just getting on the bandwagon for the sake of it :crazy: Paraphrasing everything that's been said already.... Neil Harris is a fish faced attention seeker.....
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Professor Giles wrote:What a hypocrite Lampard is. AVB is on the record for several years as saying that he spied on other teams for Jose Mourinho at Chelsea when Lampard was there, yet Lampard says that it didn't happen. AVB had no reason to lie and he volunteered the information willingly. Lampard said a few days ago that he would rather resign than spy, so why didn't he walk out of Chelsea at the time, and why doesn't he hand back his medals now? The real problem here is that certain former players such as Lampard and Gerrard are totally glorified by Sky to such an extent that they have become untouchable in the media and in the public mind in the UK. My friends and I have been joking since the start of the season at how Derby's name has changed from Derby County to 'Frank Lampard's Derby County,' as if the individual is more important than the club. Lampard has achieved precisely nothing as a manager at this point, unlike Bielsa who didn't hide what he was doing and owned up to it.

There is also an element of racism in this: it's against our morals, but Johnny Foreigner will do it. Yet numerous English former players and managers have come forward with stories of spying and obtaining private information from opposing teams. Now that Radz and the board have ticked off Bielsa, they need to stand four square behind their manager at this stage to ensure that there is no fine, suspension or threatened points deduction. No rule has been broken so there should be no formal punishment, but there is clearly a campaign by some Leeds haters to see us done by the FA or FL. The other possibility is that MB might decide to leave if the club doesn't back him, and that would be a disaster.
I never liked Lampard or his Uncle and never will. He wasn't a great footballer IMO. He speaks about cheating and yet his own Uncle is a conman Lampard look inward and see you are from a wiley old stock yourself.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

CorkWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:

Talk about just getting on the bandwagon for the sake of it :crazy: Paraphrasing everything that's been said already.... Neil Harris is a fish faced attention seeker.....
“In all my years in football I have never seen anything like it," said the Lions boss. "I think it is completely disrespectful to other teams and the spirit of the game in this country." he says! Apparently with a straight face.

People in glass houses should not throw stones. The guy obviously has the attention span of a goldfish and is oblivious to the club that he represents!
Keep The Faith / WAL
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Here we go..... -3pts -5pts -15pts ?

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/january/e ... rby-county
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

Hopefully it won't happen, but my biggest fear is that Bielsa will decide to walk.