Spygate

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Spygate

Post by Another Northern Soul »

SG90 wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
SG90 wrote:
SG90 wrote:We need to boycott every away game for the rest of the season, especially Bristol City. No way should we be filling these greedy clubs' coffers.
Do we, really?
No coincidence Blackburn are one of the club's demanding a points deduction. Where would they be without 7k Leeds filling their coffers every season? Pure greed.
But you say we need to boycott every away game? You mean the fans or the club??
I mean the fans. Why should we give them money?
You aren't being serious are you?
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Do we have a list of the teams complaining ? I know Sheffield clubs haven't.
Norwich, Boro, Blackburn, Swansea, Bristol City and Derby confirmed so far. Expect Villa and Millwall to be on there too.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SG90 wrote:
SG90 wrote:
SG90 wrote:We need to boycott every away game for the rest of the season, especially Bristol City. No way should we be filling these greedy clubs' coffers.
Do we, really?
No coincidence Blackburn are one of the club's demanding a points deduction. Where would they be without 7k Leeds filling their coffers every season? Pure greed.
Why do we think we should give them money when they are trying to punish us for breaking no laws?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

If any action is taken by the EFL which is more than a slap on the wrist, we should take legal action against the EFL - we would win.
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

SG90 wrote:
SG90 wrote:
SG90 wrote:
Do we, really?
Why do we think we should give them money when they are trying to punish us for breaking no laws?
You're suggesting Leeds fans boycott away games, what is that going to achieve?
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

If the EFL try to punish us with more than a slap on the wrist/smallish fine, then they open a huge can of worms.
If either Leeds can prove others have done it or anyone comes forwards to say they were paid to do it, especially if it was for a club that were promoted or avoided relegation. Absolute minefield.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

PC71 wrote:If the EFL try to punish us with more than a slap on the wrist/smallish fine, then they open a huge can of worms.
If either Leeds can prove others have done it or anyone comes forwards to say they were paid to do it, especially if it was for a club that were promoted or avoided relegation. Absolute minefield.
Yep, it would be ridiculous, they would also be opening themselves up to be legally challenged in the courts and sued by not only the club perhaps but also certain Leeds supporting groups and maybe even organisations like Football Supporters' Federation.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

PC71 wrote:If the EFL try to punish us with more than a slap on the wrist/smallish fine, then they open a huge can of worms.
I agree but they circumnavigated the minefield that was Bournemouth & Leicester fiddling the books to achieve promotion.

They are as corrupt as they come just like all of footballs authorities & a good proportion of the clubs owners.

I wish this would just go away as no good is coming from it but I fear that it will just rumble on until the EFL feel they have to act.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The way this business is mushrooming it seems to me that this is nothing actually to do with ethics or morality and the need to take someone to task about a wrong, real or imagined. Not at all. This is all to do with self interest and about using sharp elbows in a footrace. Clubs have been caught with their pants down and are screaming "foul". :(
Keep The Faith / WAL
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rss1969 wrote:
I agree but they circumnavigated the minefield that was Bournemouth & Leicester fiddling the books to achieve promotion.

They are as corrupt as they come just like all of footballs authorities & a good proportion of the clubs owners.

I wish this would just go away as no good is coming from it but I fear that it will just rumble on until the EFL feel they have to act.
Sadly it has rumbled on far too much already. Many Clubs out there profess that they want to see us back in the Premiership again and i agree with them we should get back there, but, the way this is rumbling on i have a fear it may affect results for us and see us punished in that regard. This has to have an effect on a club and the staff within the walls too.