2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby rigger » 14 Jun 2019, 15:16

isrodger wrote:
rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:Actually Radz isn’t playing the long game, investing in the knowledge he will get his money back once promoted... he’s just hoping beyond hope we go up with minimal investment on his part.


He is, just not the way you want him to.
The way you wanted was to sign James and splurge to the max, but that would be the short game, wouldn't it ??


It isn’t splurging to the Max is it ... we made £1m in 1017, lost £4m last season we had headroom of £35m to stay within FFP, which I’ve never suggest we allocate to one season,

The point is he hasn’t invested a penny of his own money as yet, in the club. He has acquired the club and has acquired a real estate asset in his own name which has a market value of circa £60 for circa £20m. Time will tell if that acquisition Is a degree of treachery Bates would be proud of.


You might want to edit that post.

I think £60 for Elland Road is quite reasonable, but what we made in the middle ages isn't really relevant now, is it ??

Joking aside, you talk a lot about business expertise and how much better other owners are than AR but I would say your description of his activities in the post above show he's bloody brilliant at it.
It's not in his interest to asset strip the club or muck us about in any way - like you said before, if we make the EPL he'll be serious quids in so why would he do that ?
He's not Bates.
Nobody is other than Bates himself, thank gawd ..
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
User avatar
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 12605
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby rigger » 14 Jun 2019, 15:18

isrodger wrote:From what we gather Orta identities all potential recruits, and in the category of say centre forwards 3 or 4 are put forward. A number of options of no 10s and wingers were put forward ... Bielsa reject all options bar 1 .. James who they had been tracking since September.


How can you possibly know that ?
What's your source of information ?

"From what we gather .."
Who's we in that statement ??

This isn't me needling you : I genuinely want to know because it's the first I've heard of all this.
Just journalistic licence and social media waffle isn't it ??
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
User avatar
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 12605
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 17:35

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby isrodger » 14 Jun 2019, 15:28

rigger wrote:
isrodger wrote:From what we gather Orta identities all potential recruits, and in the category of say centre forwards 3 or 4 are put forward. A number of options of no 10s and wingers were put forward ... Bielsa reject all options bar 1 .. James who they had been tracking since September.


How can you possibly know that ?
What's your source of information ?

"From what we gather .."
Who's we in that statement ??

This isn't me needling you : I genuinely want to know because it's the first I've heard of all this.
Just journalistic licence and social media waffle isn't it ??


Orta did a lengthy Q&A session on the recruitment strategy & basically that’s how the process works... it’s common with most clubs. The DOF and recruitment team will have various players identified for each position and various stages of development. He then “identifies them for the manager” who has the final yes or no.

In terms of the two positions Bielsa wanted to recruit for ... it was widely reported ... the most reliable source being Phil Hay.

Conversely it was widely acknowledged that the wider management team felt we needed a centre half in the summer, Bielsa refused to sanction the acquisition.

All the above is in the public domain without needing inside knowledge.
isrodger
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3759
Joined: 25 May 2009, 09:57

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby SiMamu » 14 Jun 2019, 15:30

A day or two ago, Hay and Pope both said that Phillips wanted to stay, so I very much doubt we'll see him leave. His importance has been perfectly demonstrated throughout the season, and he's definitely one we need to keep at all costs. I'm confident he'll stay.
"I wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
User avatar
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 10484
Joined: 27 Mar 2012, 14:07

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby isrodger » 14 Jun 2019, 16:20

SiMamu wrote:A day or two ago, Hay and Pope both said that Phillips wanted to stay, so I very much doubt we'll see him leave. His importance has been perfectly demonstrated throughout the season, and he's definitely one we need to keep at all costs. I'm confident he'll stay.


Judging by the number of times Philips has been pulled off/ dropped you wouldn’t have been surprised if he was deemed dispensable; however given the number of wingers we have been connected 3 ... I suspect Clarke is the chosen sacrificial lamb.
isrodger
Raich Carter's Contract Agent
 
Posts: 3759
Joined: 25 May 2009, 09:57

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Selby White » 14 Jun 2019, 17:38

isrodger wrote:
Judging by the number of times Philips has been pulled off/ dropped you wouldn’t have been surprised if he was deemed dispensable.


Started 34 out of our 38 league matches was subbed only 5 times I believe.
2nd highest number of minutes on the pitch.
Still let's not let facts get in the way of your argument :roll:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 8207
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Sovietmule » 14 Jun 2019, 18:36

Judging by the number of times Philips has been pulled off

We only ever used to get half an orange.
Sovietmule
Terry Venables's car dealer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 May 2019, 17:01

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Davycc » 14 Jun 2019, 20:19

Sovietmule wrote:
Judging by the number of times Philips has been pulled off

We only ever used to get half an orange.


And the prize for the dirtiest mind goes to........
This is what makes you champions, you never give in, never ever give in..
User avatar
Davycc
Bielsa's English Teacher
 
Posts: 9187
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Wet West Britain

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Sovietmule » 15 Jun 2019, 09:57

Davycc wrote:
Sovietmule wrote:
Judging by the number of times Philips has been pulled off

We only ever used to get half an orange.


And the prize for the dirtiest mind goes to........


For reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Marsh#International_career
Sovietmule
Terry Venables's car dealer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 16 May 2019, 17:01

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby NottinghamWhite » 15 Jun 2019, 10:04

Ah Rodney Marsh great player & a really nice guy. Back in the 70’s I used to work in a pub in Bayswater & when we closed on an afternoon a couple of us used to go to a drinking club which regularly had Marsh, Bowles etc frequenting it. They used to play ‘ spoof ‘ a lot, a game I’ve not seen played in years.
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 23204
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests