2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby SCOTTISH LEEDS » 12 Jul 2019, 14:35

Barlow Boy wrote:Sam Dalby joins Watford......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... tford-move


Sam and Ryan Edmondson are similar strikers so it makes sense to move him on, especially since Rafa Mujica has joined.
User avatar
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 4367
Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 18:53
Location: Heckmondwike

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Leonickroberts » 12 Jul 2019, 14:41

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Sam Dalby joins Watford......

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... tford-move


Sam and Ryan Edmondson are similar strikers so it makes sense to move him on, especially since Rafa Mujica has joined.


Interesting to know how much we got out of this deal. If it was a reasonable figure it'd be a good example of Orta's Chelsea-inspired transfer strategy of bringing in talented youth then selling them on at a profit actually working.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
User avatar
Leonickroberts
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor
 
Posts: 821
Joined: 12 Jul 2011, 08:16

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby blackbox2342 » 12 Jul 2019, 14:42

Rumours that Kiko is on his way out with Leeds rekindling interest in Newcastle's Darlow
blackbox2342
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert
 
Posts: 691
Joined: 18 May 2010, 08:36

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Barlow Boy » 12 Jul 2019, 14:44

Leonickroberts wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Sam Dalby joins Watford......
https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... tford-move

Sam and Ryan Edmondson are similar strikers so it makes sense to move him on, especially since Rafa Mujica has joined.

Interesting to know how much we got out of this deal.

One of my pet hates in football, the ‘undisclosed fee’.

We, as supporters of the club and by definition those who put money into the club, deserve to know how much we pay out and get in on transfers.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 6945
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby LAsouthcoast » 12 Jul 2019, 15:07

Agree with you there BB, something needs to done about it, when undisclosed fee is mentioned it just sounds dodgy.
LAsouthcoast
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman
 
Posts: 910
Joined: 26 Jul 2015, 10:58

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Nic » 13 Jul 2019, 03:08

LAsouthcoast wrote:Agree with you there BB, something needs to done about it, when undisclosed fee is mentioned it just sounds dodgy.
I guess it's for when they sell such as Aapo Halme who they bought for £500k for possibly less or the same. Maybe if all transfers were for undisclosed fees, even the big money signings, then at least we could believe Leeds were good at doing transfers :lolno:
User avatar
Nic
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: 31 Jan 2013, 15:46

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby Nic » 13 Jul 2019, 03:15

Tottenham have launched a second raid on Leeds after joining the bidding for rising midfield star Kalvin Phillips. Tottenham have already paid Leeds £9million for teenage winger Jack Clarke, who is remaining on loan at Elland Road next season, and are now targeting Phillips.

Spurs can offer Phillips Champions League football and a hefty increase on his current £10,000-a-week salary at Leeds. Aston Villa have made the early running in the race to sign Phillips, who was named in the EFL Team of the Season, and have offered £11million. Newcastle are also keen on the Leeds academy graduate, while Bournemouth and Wolves are understood to have cooled their initial interest.

source

Phillips had said he wants to stay but rejected the initial contract offer, and the £30M tag would be less of a problem than it would be for villa.
User avatar
Nic
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter
 
Posts: 1293
Joined: 31 Jan 2013, 15:46

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby superfox » 13 Jul 2019, 05:32

Nic wrote:
Tottenham have launched a second raid on Leeds after joining the bidding for rising midfield star Kalvin Phillips. Tottenham have already paid Leeds £9million for teenage winger Jack Clarke, who is remaining on loan at Elland Road next season, and are now targeting Phillips.

Spurs can offer Phillips Champions League football and a hefty increase on his current £10,000-a-week salary at Leeds. Aston Villa have made the early running in the race to sign Phillips, who was named in the EFL Team of the Season, and have offered £11million. Newcastle are also keen on the Leeds academy graduate, while Bournemouth and Wolves are understood to have cooled their initial interest.

source

Phillips had said he wants to stay but rejected the initial contract offer, and the £30M tag would be less of a problem than it would be for villa.


There are also reports about Premier League clubs interested about Roofe. Things are getting hot.
superfox
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor
 
Posts: 107
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 20:28

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby PhoenixUnited » 13 Jul 2019, 08:44

One would imagine that with all these other clubs allegedly sniffing around some of the first team someone (Victor Orta?) has formulated a robust contengiency plan and the Owner is signed up to it. Or am I being presumptuous?

Any player leaving at this stage of the pre season or even any new first team squad player joining will put spanners in Marcello Bielsa's planning and strategies. Also this is where those in charge of the Club and Andrea Radrizzani earn their corn.

OR NOT. :think:
No worries! Let's just play with what we have got.

Whose shirt am I wearing Bruv?

Keep The Faith / WAL
User avatar
PhoenixUnited
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier
 
Posts: 414
Joined: 30 May 2018, 09:12

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Postby SCOTTISH LEEDS » 14 Jul 2019, 08:33

https://lufc-news.com/exclusive-kalvin- ... land-road/

Not sure how true this link is but if it is true then its good news.
User avatar
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 4367
Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 18:53
Location: Heckmondwike

PreviousNext

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrighouseWhite, MSN [Bot] and 10 guests