2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
superfox
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by superfox »

Selby White wrote:
ianchristelow wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Rodriguez has a £5m offer and can leave clause... thoughts?
Not for me.

Decent Championship striker but wouldn't fit into MB's style of play in my opinion.
Also Premier League teams are interested, so practically no chance, even if we would like him.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

Selby White wrote:
ianchristelow wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Rodriguez has a £5m offer and can leave clause... thoughts?
Not for me.

Decent Championship striker but wouldn't fit into MB's style of play in my opinion.
Half our squad probably didn't fit Bielsa's style before he arrived.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Not for me.

Most of those went out on loan while players such as Klich who hadn't had a decent crack run of games came in a did a good job.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

superfox wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Not for me.

Also Premier League teams are interested, so practically no chance, even if we would like him.
I'm with Rigger and SB on this one although Jay Rodriguez is a good player. I think he would more than likely disrupt our style of play and Bielsa will know who will fit in or not to the specific style he will adopt next season.
Deleted User 5081

Selby White wrote:
TezzaWazzaBazza wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Not for me.

Most of those went out on loan while players such as Klich who hadn't had a decent crack run of games came in a did a good job.
You've got to remember that before Bielsa took on the role of our manager he had watched every match of the 2017/2018 season and formulated his opinions of each and every player involved. Those that either didn't fit his style of play were moved on permanently or loaned out for a season to be given an opportunity for him and his staff to get a better insight of their potential.
I'm sure as Bielsa had them all in for pre-season training he became aware of thier potential and advised the upper echelons of the club who was needed and who wasn't.

A good manager/coach will know his own potential long before a players potential. Bielsa isn't someone who just dropped from the last rain shower either, he has also been learning. The last season was a prime example of how a man in his own unique way can bring on mid-table players into the stratosphere of the league for most of the season only to fall short because of a few other reasons like fatigue, injuries and other niggly parasidic clubs wanting to bring our club down, which in my opinion must have mentally affected Bielsa's usual managerial flow.

This season will be the one where we will get promoted or we shall go downwards, But I kid you not, no matter what way it goes.... Leeds United are back and we will move forward with whatever players we have and we will get in the right investors to supplement a promotional team and once were there, watch this space.....
Deleted User 5081

Sorry for that reply,
I get too emotional about it all at times because some people are so bloody negative, yet i remain so positive which i have no shame for it either.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm positive so long as Bielsa runs this football club.

Even if we signed no players whatsoever we'll be stronger than last season and for several reasons :
- Academy players can plug most gaps in the squad
- Everyone has had a season under Bielsa
- The man himself knows more about the rigours of the division and should rotate more this term
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote: Even if we signed no players whatsoever we'll be stronger than last season and for several reasons :
- Academy players can plug most gaps in the squad
- Everyone has had a season under Bielsa
- The man himself knows more about the rigours of the division and should rotate more this term
Not sure about that Rigger, Bielsa himself has said he would struggle to get the same out of this bunch of players.

We definitely need additions, particularly up front.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
We definitely need additions, particularly up front.
Speak for yourself, I'm doing the the 5 & 2 diet to get rid of additions up front :thumbup:

PS. 1st 2lbs off since Jan 3rd
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Good !

That means he has learned from last season :D