2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2019-20 Transfer News and Squad Discussions

Post by isrodger »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Barry Douglas linked with Rangers.
If true good move for him imo. Never quite got going here with injury.
No brainer for a club really. Interestingly we been connected with a couple of fullbacks. A left back is probably a must, however we are continually connected with the Brazilian kid at city .. the new Cafu ... to replace Ayling.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:
No brainer for a club really. Interestingly we been connected with a couple of fullbacks. A left back is probably a must, however we are continually connected with the Brazilian kid at city .. the new Cafu ... to replace Ayling.
Have I missed something> To replace Ayling ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Davycc wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Have I missed something> To replace Ayling ?
It’s only paper talk ... however credible paper talk. (Phil Hay) I suspect 1. Bielsa will be ruthless as regards recruitment if we go up. 2. He probably demands more of fullbacks than any other manager.

I have questioned aylings ability in the past however he’s moved on this season. We will see.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Ayling going?! He has been an outstanding member of the first team. Why on earth would Bielsa want to swap him??

Bielsa has consistently shown he works with a small squad, he also places huge amounts of faith in his existing players, and doesn't go crazy on transfers, so I think the "paper talk" is essentially pointless.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Deebo wrote:Ayling going?! He has been an outstanding member of the first team. Why on earth would Bielsa want to swap him??

Bielsa has consistently shown he works with a small squad, he also places huge amounts of faith in his existing players, and doesn't go crazy on transfers, so I think the "paper talk" is essentially pointless.
If they do bring the kid in it is presumably to replace Ayling, that said maybe Bielsa May see Ayling’s long term future at centre back. It will be very interesting to see who bielsa deems good enough to make the step up; he’s loyal but will recognise the weaknesses some his players have, which will be ruthlessly exposed IF we gain promotion.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

https://sportslens.com/phil-hay-sheds-l ... to/296956/

It was in March, Hay claimed that Leeds took an interest in Brazilian right-back Couto before Manchester City snapped the youngster for €15 million (£13.6 million). While Leeds are not actively pursuing the idea to have him in the squad, City are keen for Marcelo Bielsa to take him on loan if their promotion is secured.

This is what Hay has to say for now.

“I haven’t followed that one up recently. But I was told that City were keen for him to come here if Leeds go up. Bielsa has obviously done very good things for Jack Harrison. It would be an interesting signing (although not necessarily a position (RB) where Leeds are crying out for cover).”
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

That's the great thing about having Bielsa. The way he has developed White this season hopefully we should have money clubs queuing up to send their prospects to Leeds why he's here.
isrodger

Post by isrodger »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:That's the great thing about having Bielsa. The way he has developed White this season hopefully we should have money clubs queuing up to send their prospects to Leeds why he's here.
To quote Cellino - taking players on loan without the option to buy is like training other clubs players for free.

Firstly I think your only allowed one player on loan in the Premiership ? If we go up we really need to buying players of this quality and developing them, or getting a £5m training fee :lol: !
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

isrodger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:That's the great thing about having Bielsa. The way he has developed White this season hopefully we should have money clubs queuing up to send their prospects to Leeds why he's here.
To quote Cellino - taking players on loan without the option to buy is like training other clubs players for free.

Firstly I think your only allowed one player on loan in the Premiership ? If we go up we really need to buying players of this quality and developing them, or getting a £5m training fee :lol: !
Cellino was only interested in bringing his favourite Serie B players to train at Leeds. :)

I think its 2 loan players? We get a £2m rated defender in in white turn him into a £15m+ player and then we place a hostage release fee on him. Genius. :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I think its 2 loan players?
That's as I read it although think they can't be from the same club.

Although plenty of players Clubs offer on loan are good enough for the Championship I'm not so certain the right calibre for the Prem are very often available (certainly not in the numbers we currently have on loan).
Still if/when we get up we will have far more cash to speculate.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.