Ross McCormack named captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 1022

Re: Ross McCormack named captain

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Lets be honest and fair at least about this.... He wasnt a great captain we can all agree but he wasnt the worst at all, if anything from what ive seen of Austin during his captaincy he tried too hard (which is very common) to make it happen, his enthusiasm to get stuck in hard was always there but not level headed again i put that down to trying too hard to prove himself, i dont think Ross will be a good captain at all, just personal opinion on him, i aint a big fan of Ross a bit too open with his twittering and non influencial if im honest on the pitch, reason why Austin was picked as captain was because he had that certain roughness about him that we Leeds fans take to, but sadly it hasnt worked out and its probably for the best for him and ourselves, i like Austin but not as a captain, my choice would have been Zaliukas also he does seem to get talking when things are right or wrong, for all the muscle of Austin he doesnt have the voice to go with it. Two areas i think shouldnt be captain is goalkeeper and forwards they see things from abstract views, defensive and midfielders are ideal positions for captaincy roles.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

I hope Austin can get back to his gung-ho ways of a few Seasons ago. I used to love watching him crunch tackle other midfielders and defenders. I hope Ross does well in his new role.

I hope the boss has sorted the team out also, like not playing two wingers and two wing backs at the same time especially without a big man up front waiting for a pin point accurate cross :crazy:
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
alwaysleeds
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by alwaysleeds »

CorkWhite wrote:Lets be honest and fair at least about this.... He wasnt a great captain we can all agree but he wasnt the worst at all, if anything from what ive seen of Austin during his captaincy he tried too hard (which is very common) to make it happen, his enthusiasm to get stuck in hard was always there but not level headed again i put that down to trying too hard to prove himself, i dont think Ross will be a good captain at all, just personal opinion on him, i aint a big fan of Ross a bit too open with his twittering and non influencial if im honest on the pitch, reason why Austin was picked as captain was because he had that certain roughness about him that we Leeds fans take to, but sadly it hasnt worked out and its probably for the best for him and ourselves, i like Austin but not as a captain, my choice would have been Zaliukas also he does seem to get talking when things are right or wrong, for all the muscle of Austin he doesnt have the voice to go with it. Two areas i think shouldnt be captain is goalkeeper and forwards they see things from abstract views, defensive and midfielders are ideal positions for captaincy roles.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the captain of the Swedish national team, and for what I know this goes on very fine. In my opinion Ross can certainly be a good captain, at least he's one of the few in the team that still shows some hunger in the last games.

There's also another way of thinking. Perhaps El-Hadji Diouf would have been a good captain. And I'm serious. I'm quite sure he would have grown with this responsibility. This tactic worked really fine with Ibrahimovic.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Sheepy wrote:
1964white wrote:
Sheepy wrote:Fair play to Austin if he has held his hands up and admitted he can't handle the role. And fair play to BMcD for acknowledging the short fall and addressing it. Something Warnock was reluctant to do with Pelts last year.

We could find negatives with this news, but there are also positives so I'll focus on them. After a 6-0 defeat the club could bury its head in the sand, but at very least they are doing something about it.

Good luck to Ross, I wish him the best in his new role.
Fair play to Austin :roll: three months too late in my opinion.....he probably got the message from our fans at the end of the Wendies when he tried to muscle in on the applause for McCormack, he was sent back to the tunnel with his tail between his legs

Worst Leeds captain ever :x
Yeah, much worse than Kevin Nicholls...
Similar level
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sheepy wrote:Austin has not been great, but jeez, lets not get too dramatic, to say he is the worst Leeds captain ever is not only harsh but wildly inaccurate.

Kevin Nicholls and Mark Aizlewood were much worse.
Not being dramatic

Some of our fans overate our current bunch of players, Austin is a woeful footballer & one of the main reasons we are performing so poor. He is suppose to be part of the spine of our team, unfortunately Rudi doesn't do the job expected of him, totally ineffective !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SiMamu wrote:I know some of you don't like him, but on his day he can dominate a midfield. Hopefully this reduced responsibility will see him doing that again.
:shock: :crazy: :wtf: :lolno:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

1964white wrote:
SiMamu wrote:I know some of you don't like him, but on his day he can dominate a midfield. Hopefully this reduced responsibility will see him doing that again.
:shock: :crazy: :wtf: :lolno:
Yes, I think those emoticons do present your past comments well.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Austin stepping down/having it taken off him (the captaincy I mean), is long overdue.
But, the real thing for me here, as far as Austin is concerned, is if he is to stay int team, will he stop running round the whole pitch (granted at 100 mph) and stick to doing t'job (whatever BM decides that should be) and thus contribute to the team in a positive, rather than totally haphazard, way?
As for Ross as captain?
I have to say I'm a big fan of his in general.
But, captain?
Not convinced?
Hope I'm wrong of course and that he does well in this role!

MOT.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

PockWhite wrote:as far as Austin is concerned, is if he is to stay int team, will he stop running round the whole pitch (granted at 100 mph
The last few games he's not got above 10mph! Except once last week when he ran full tilt to concede a free kick leading to a goal ;)

Much like my VW, he needs a service to get back to top form :)
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Pecky10 wrote:
PockWhite wrote:as far as Austin is concerned, is if he is to stay int team, will he stop running round the whole pitch (granted at 100 mph
The last few games he's not got above 10mph! Except once last week when he ran full tilt to concede a free kick leading to a goal ;)

Much like my VW, he needs a service to get back to top form :)

All helped by a Wet Paper Bag of a Defence of course :D