Investment

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Investment

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Two questions I was hoping someone might answer with all this.

Why are the 49ers investing more money in Leeds ?
Why does Radrizzani need approximately £28m ?

No one else wondered ?
Why are the 49ers investing more?
Presumably they see an opportunity worth making further investment into and having made considerable investments already, they perhaps see that further funds are needed by the club at this stage to protect their existing investment.

Why does Radrizzani need money?
I did read somewhere that he is looking to buy an Italian club, possibly Palermo. Therefore his resources may be getting stretched.
The Squirrel
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by The Squirrel »

I don't like this
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

I don't think you need to look too deeply into this, it's a matter of pure economics and I doubt there's anything much else at play.

Our value has probably increased at least 2-3x since when Radz bought us, so he's effectively already made his money the day he comes to sell, he's now spreading the operating risk and looking for the investment to kick on to the next level, which he probably realises will be a stretch for him on his own. Other investors looking in can see a path for us to 4, 5, even 10 x the value of the business if we can push on to the European places. So investors want to increase stake because the earlier they get in the more value they will see in the long term.

This is just money doing money things.

The point at which we should become concerned is if Radz ever dilutes his stake to less than 51% and if any other new investors are allowed to buy in, because they would come with their own set of motivations. Whilst Radz has the controlling stake, further investment from other known parties should be welcome.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

11th Nov, 2021 | 7:10am
Signs suggest Paraag Marathe wants full takeover at Leeds United

All signs suggests 49ers chief Paraag Marathe wants “full control” at Leeds United after increasing his shareholding at Elland Road, according to Graham Smyth.
Last week, the 49ers increased their stake in the Yorkshire club to 44 per cent, taking a sizeable chunk out of Andrea Radrizzani’s majority ownership.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

ChilwellWhite wrote:11th Nov, 2021 | 7:10am

All signs suggests 49ers chief Paraag Marathe wants “full control” at Leeds United after increasing his shareholding at Elland Road, according to Graham Smyth.
Last week, the 49ers increased their stake in the Yorkshire club to 44 per cent, taking a sizeable chunk out of Andrea Radrizzani’s majority ownership.
Maybe Marathe thinks the future is the European Super League and it's sleeping rather than buried. Americans always prepared to play the long game. In terms of 'investment' they will do what is required - for themselves. Just take a look at Man U, do we see our future? Glazers just sold some shares £180m, not a penny went to Man U.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:11th Nov, 2021 | 7:10am

Maybe Marathe thinks the future is the European Super League and it's sleeping rather than buried. Americans always prepared to play the long game. In terms of 'investment' they will do what is required - for themselves. Just take a look at Man U, do we see our future? Glazers just sold some shares £180m, not a penny went to Man U.
Not sure we should stereotype a nationality John, lots of clubs do ok with American Owners, Liverpool & Arsenal are a couple of good examples of Clubs that are doing well.
Irrespective of nationality it all depends on the individuals concerned.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

johnh wrote: Glazers just sold some shares £180m, not a penny went to Man U.
Wise decision. Having bought two players a few months ago for £114m, why would they give Solskjaer more money to spend (waste) when his future is in doubt?
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

MOT1964 wrote:
Wise decision. Having bought two players a few months ago for £114m, why would they give Solskjaer more money to spend (waste) when his future is in doubt?
Well I wasn't thinking about buying players, I was thinking about reducing the debt, which is significant.
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

MOT1964 wrote:
Because that's what Scum always do :D - they feel they HAVE to be the biggest spenders. Besides, haven't they just given him a new 4 year contract?

I don't see Radrizzani selling up completely for a long time, and I suspect he would be looking for other majority or whole-owners/investors rather than the Americans. I'm not fussed TBH, I think we're in decently safe hands and he has proved he's not here for a quick flip. When he does sell, I think he is wealthy enough already to be able to make a decision on who the buyer is based on the long-term continued good welfare of the club. But the SF 49ers are very important and significant I think, plus they're linked with Frank Lowy unless I've got it wrong which is entirely possible :thumbup:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Frank Lowry's son Peter is on the Leeds United board of directors so I'm sure Frank will be in the shadows.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.