The Cellino thread - The Football League verdict

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cellino thread - discussions on his running of LUFC

Post by NottinghamWhite »

When will MC realise that The Championship is a tough league & needs an English manager in & let him manage.
Winner of the Europa League
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:When will MC realise that The Championship is a tough league & needs an English manager in & let him manage.
Sooner rather than later I hope
Socrates
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Socrates »

I agree we need a British manager who knows this league.
I know people sing the praises of Redders like he is a genius but I seem to remember when he took over after Warnock he lost all 3 games..(I think) and I recall we thought he was out of his depth and we sang the same at ER...
But he would be the cheapest option.
Derbiean

Post by Derbiean »

BREAKING: Massimo Cellino says he has sacked Leeds United head coach Darko Milanic tonight. #lufc

Cellino says Neil Redfearn will take over as head coach and will take training on Monday morning. #lufc

Cellino: "I made a mistake with this guy. He is negative, he has a losing mentality." #lufc

Bloody hell :wtf: Guy never had a chance.
johndivney
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by johndivney »

Derbiean wrote:
Bloody hell :wtf: Guy never had a chance.

he had 6 games & it was there for all to see. Cellino has called this one spot on.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

One thing about Cellino, if you don't produce the goods, you will be axed. That's ok if you have decent players, which I think we have, so Darko going although a bit quick, it's what Cellino will do. Let's hope we get a Pulis type of manager, someone with English league experience.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

Right decision. But I am finally coming round to the Nottinghamwhite view of MC...the club has become a laughing stock. Nothing but the playoffs will do for me now this season.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Socrates wrote:Right decision. But I am finally coming round to the Nottinghamwhite view of MC...the club has become a laughing stock. Nothing but the playoffs will do for me now this season.
I'd snap yer hands off, just staying up.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
johndivney
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by johndivney »

tbh i couldn't give a monkey's if we are a 'laughing stock'. nobody likes us anyway - & why should we care if they do or not?
fans of other clubs & football should check their own backyard before criticising leeds & cellino. there's far worse morally bankrupt owners around the place.

cellino has a proven track record of successfully running a football club. on that alone he deserves the benefit of the doubt to see whether his methods can transfer to england.
so his methods are unconventional for england, that makes us a laughing stock? f that! seriously. get some perspective: we're not venky's & we're not the succession of human rights abusers & slavers that run man city (a club that fiendish anti-cellino propagandist david conn supports fwiw) & there's literally countless others i could name, past & present.

he's an eccentric who doesn't like to pay taxes, how's he so different to most people? oh, he likes to run his business how he sees fit & sees managers as disposable?! wow! that's just terrible, how dare he?!
cellino has nothing but love from me atm. granted that might change in the future but for now i'm 100% behind the guy. he's brought us some kind of stability(!) & some exciting, lovable footballers. why should i care whether other clubs' fans think there's something wrong? they're the one's that are wrong.

the anti-cellino thread that's running thru english football is just typical, typical of the anti-leeds thread that's always ran thru english football.

& to those talking about playoffs - what'll ye do when we don't make those spots? jump ship? good riddance i'd say.
there's no way, barring a minor miracle, of turning around the mess in one year. it's an near impossible task on it's own let alone do it in a season. it's totally unrealistic ambitions. next yr maybe. this yr should be about consolidation, on the field & off.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

People talking about Pulis need to get real.

He left premier league Palace(number 2s club I know) because he could not get his way with transfers!

There is not a cat in hells chance he would put up with Cellino.