Negativity

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Negativity

Post by Selby White »

Apologies for going off topic but just promoting other areas of the forum some newbies (and oldies) may be interested in.

We run quite a number of games/competitions on the forum for fun which a good few regulars really enjoy (I'm certain they would all tell you its a good challenge). Its all part of keeping the forum interesting and fun for all.

One such game type is the regular Gamble Games and we have a new one starting on Saturday (Gamble FA Cup) and all members are more than welcome to join in.

Details can be found in the Quiz/Games section of the forum.

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopi ... =13&t=6018

If interested :-
All you need to do is place your bets on the thread before KO in the first match shown. Then of course when you get through look out for the next round.

Any Questions please ask :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by johnnysmiles »

Apologies if I'm repeating myself, but I'm definitely guilty of negativity when we lose... and for me, venting on here after a defeat seems to help me deal with the huge disappointment I feel when we lose....

I also think that as Leeds fans, the 16 years out of the Premiership has created a kind of 'here we go again' mentality that is negative in its very nature... hopefully if we can get out this year, that will change... if we're in the Premiership, we won't feel like the world's caving in after one or two defeats...

The thing about football that gets me is that it's the one area of my life where I have absolutely zero control, which makes it thrilling but at the same time a bit of a curse... my wife often says why do you bother watching if it so often leads to disappointment?

Which makes me think it's a curse... I can't stop this thing and that's something that all football fans have in common but as Leeds fans, we have that 16 years of disappointment (and if you're as old as me, the disappointment and feeling of injustice started in Paris in 1975!)
hashtagleedsunited
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by hashtagleedsunited »

johnnysmiles wrote:Apologies if I'm repeating myself, but I'm definitely guilty of negativity when we lose... and for me, venting on here after a defeat seems to help me deal with the huge disappointment I feel when we lose....

I also think that as Leeds fans, the 16 years out of the Premiership has created a kind of 'here we go again' mentality that is negative in its very nature... hopefully if we can get out this year, that will change... if we're in the Premiership, we won't feel like the world's caving in after one or two defeats...

The thing about football that gets me is that it's the one area of my life where I have absolutely zero control, which makes it thrilling but at the same time a bit of a curse... my wife often says why do you bother watching if it so often leads to disappointment?

Which makes me think it's a curse... I can't stop this thing and that's something that all football fans have in common but as Leeds fans, we have that 16 years of disappointment (and if you're as old as me, the disappointment and feeling of injustice started in Paris in 1975!)
I tend to agree, however this centenary year is THE year that breaks that cycle of "here we go again", and brings in new challenges.... like, how do we keep ourselves in the Premiership and consolidate our position :think:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnnysmiles wrote:Apologies if I'm repeating myself, but I'm definitely guilty of negativity when we lose... and for me, venting on here after a defeat seems to help me deal with the huge disappointment I feel when we lose....

Without football or the weather to moan about, we (mere mortals :angel: ) are nothing more than a blank cheque that keeps on bouncing. If we didn't enjoy the drama of losing, then what would be the point of winning?. Pain is pleasure, you just have to recognise it. Woah hokey cokey cokey. I haven't got a clue... :shifty:
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

One thing I have just remembered from the other night was when Ayling came to take a throw in and must have heard something, because for a couple of seconds or so he stared at a section of the crowd and shook his head slightly. I don't know what was said but he obviously did and wasn't too happy about it. I think it was really early on either just before or after their first goal.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

BrighouseWhite wrote:One thing I have just remembered from the other night was when Ayling came to take a throw in and must have heard something, because for a couple of seconds or so he stared at a section of the crowd and shook his head slightly. I don't know what was said but he obviously did and wasn't too happy about it. I think it was really early on either just before or after their first goal.
Sadly some people open their mouths before they engage their brain.

Although I don't agree with it I can understand people criticising players away from the match but directly during the game should be a total no.

Its the "I pay my money so I can criticise I when and who I want" brigrade that need to think more if they consider themselves supporters.

Anyone that knows anything about Sports Psychology will know its been proven many times (in scientific experiments) that encouragement will always get better results than criticism. By how much depends on the personality type of each specific player but the fact remains all will perform better by some degree.

Support a team = Encourage a team.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

excellent post SW, totally agree
Gaz109
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Gaz109 »

Can’t see anything to be positive about, sorry. Bielsa’s decision to stick with Bamford no matter what is costing us dearly. According to Sky Bamford has missed six (6) clear chances against Wigan this afternoon and yet Augustin not even in the squad. Teams have Bielsa fathomed out and know exactly what to do against us. Unless Bamford is dropped it’s negative all the way to the end of the season.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Gaz109 wrote:Can’t see anything to be positive about, sorry. Bielsa’s decision to stick with Bamford no matter what is costing us dearly. According to Sky Bamford has missed six (6) clear chances against Wigan this afternoon and yet Augustin not even in the squad. Teams have Bielsa fathomed out and know exactly what to do against us. Unless Bamford is dropped it’s negative all the way to the end of the season.
Bamford was poor yesterday, very poor IMO, but he wasn't the only one. He wasn't poor on Tuesday night though so Bielsa's decision to stick with him isn't costing us dearly, and are people really saying he should have been dropped yesterday?
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Gaz109 wrote:Can’t see anything to be positive about, sorry. Bielsa’s decision to stick with Bamford no matter what is costing us dearly. According to Sky Bamford has missed six (6) clear chances against Wigan this afternoon and yet Augustin not even in the squad. Teams have Bielsa fathomed out and know exactly what to do against us. Unless Bamford is dropped it’s negative all the way to the end of the season.
So Gaz, your saying that you wouldn`t have started PB yesterday after his 2 goals Tuesday, don't you think MB would been heavily criticized if he did that. It is easy for you to post what you think after the event but he has to make decisions before. We are all disappointed with yesterdays result but from my view to keep reading negativity just makes it worse.