The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Completely out of the blue, got my jab invite today, booked in for Thursday morning :thumbup:
Had my jab this morning, all very efficient stuff at the centre, hats off to the volunteers helping out :clap: :clap: :clap:
Where did you go BB ?
Summit Centre, next to the gym, my Mrs had hers today too.

The efficiency and speed is phenomenal. You had to wait for 15 minutes afterwards, and I was watching how smooth the operation is, everyone knows what they are doing to the second. Very impressive stuff.
Thought it might be, a couple of our neighbours went to York as they got a earlier date, but not sure when Selby got to full speed.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Just booked our jabs on a NHS link for next Thursday and the 2nd one in May, i`m 63 and my wife 62, it seems a lot of people are doing it so give it a try,
go on NHS website, book a coronavirus vaccination(COVwww.nhs.uk) good luck.
Am I reading it right LA you booked before getting an invite ?

Interested as I'm around same age so may just try it.

Have had a look on the website and it clearly states "Do not apply unless you are 64 or over or a key worker, carer, etc".
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Completely out of the blue, got my jab invite today, booked in for Thursday morning :thumbup:
Had my jab this morning, all very efficient stuff at the centre, hats off to the volunteers helping out :clap: :clap: :clap:
Where did you go BB ?

The efficiency and speed is phenomenal. You had to wait for 15 minutes afterwards, and I was watching how smooth the operation is, everyone knows what they are doing to the second. Very impressive stuff.
Thought it might be, a couple of our neighbours went to York as they got a earlier date, but not sure when Selby got to full speed.
Forgot to mention, I saw you and your good lady as I was driving up Brook Street towards the centre, would have been around 9.40 :wave: :wave: :wave:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Just booked our jabs on a NHS link for next Thursday and the 2nd one in May, i`m 63 and my wife 62, it seems a lot of people are doing it so give it a try,

Have had a look on the website and it clearly states "Do not apply unless you are 64 or over or a key worker, carer, etc".
We booked via www.swiftqueue.com I booked through this site & they were offering the jab on the same day. I’d had mine 8:days before the NHS contacted me. Got to be worth a try ;)
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Where did you go BB ?

Forgot to mention, I saw you and your good lady as I was driving up Brook Street towards the centre, would have been around 9.40 :wave: :wave: :wave:
Did you swerve the car?? :D
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Selby White wrote:

Don`t worry about that SW, just fill in all the details and keep pressing continue, you will need your NHS number and mobile number, it`s really simple, a friend put me on to it, good luck :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Where did you go BB ?

Did you swerve the car?? :D
No Al, SW is a bigger fella than me (who isn’t), he looked very dapper in his hat too.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Where did you go BB ?

Would be on way home at that time, was on our daily walk and wanted a few plants, so came home via town. Get them from the bloke that sells them near Morrisons (much better value than garden centres).
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

LAsouthcoast wrote:
Selby White wrote:

Don`t worry about that SW, just fill in all the details and keep pressing continue, you will need your NHS number and mobile number, it`s really simple, a friend put me on to it, good luck :thumbup:
Sorry SW i forgot to say, no i haven`t had an invite, i did it off my own back.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Pfizer dose one completed.

Very smooth, very friendly experience. The staff at my local health centre were fantastic :)