How’s everyone doing ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: How’s everyone doing ?

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Sitting in the kitchen working on manuals, sun shining through the wind, keep getting up to go outside then realise it's still flippin cold. needs to warm up quick or I may actually get these finished.
We’re able to sit out here it’s a pleasant 15 degrees which almost tropical here in Nottingham :D
Bit breezy today up here and blowing straight at our patio area, may move a table around to front to see if more sheltered.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Sitting in the kitchen working on manuals, sun shining through the wind, keep getting up to go outside then realise it's still flippin cold. needs to warm up quick or I may actually get these finished.
We’re able to sit out here it’s a pleasant 15 degrees which almost tropical here in Nottingham :D
Bit breezy today up here and blowing straight at our patio area, may move a table around to front to see if more sheltered.
Put the hammock up in the corner that's sheltered from the breeze and is quite pleasant. Was shifted out of it sharpish though so am now back ammending manuals. :eh:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I’ve cancelled all hotels till May 28th & have had an answer from East Midlands rail as we’re owed just over £500 on tickets we’d bought. Bought a small freezer yesterday that’ll live in the garage.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Since the lock-down came in, I always seem to be either going to bed or getting up. Anyone else feel like that? :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Had a days work today, I`m self employed and most of my work is for private customers, most have cancelled the jobs I had booked in for them for which I fully understand, lucky to have a bit of money put by but it is tough at the moment, really feel for the ones who live week to week they must be finding it really tough.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Feels like Groundhog day for the past month although some changes for me. My parents used to have my daughter each Monday/Tuesday but as they are in their early 70's they had to stop so I have had to take those days off work as our day care won't do any extra days for us (she goes Wed/Thurs), some do thanks to the government subsidy but it's a huge positive I get to spend extra time with her.

At work Wednesday to Friday. Weekends are painful as we can't go or do anything bar if it's essential.

We have so far flattened the curve and new cases have been under 50 for the country for past week, there will be a review in a month's time where some things may open but our winter is coming and we might spike again but so far we have luckily avoided what has happened in the US, UK & Europe.

Stay safe everybody!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Today is the second of two days holiday I had to use up by the end of April.
No choice, I just asked UPS to give me two together whenever they fitted into the calendar as I'd had my four weeks already (you get another two days if you've been here three years).
I spent yesterday doing three things : playing video games, playing with the cat or playing Football Manager while simultaneously playing with the cat while re-watching Ashes To Ashes.
Who says men can't multi-task ?

I have no idea what lockdown is like because apart from this little break, I'm just plodding on as normal.

As someone who's chosen to work part-time so I can spend more time bumming about, I would have thought an extended break would be welcome for most people. But then I live on my own for the most part - Jeanna's with me half the week as she works across town.
I enjoy my own company so I can see how it would be a bit much if you're not used to being with family all day, every day, but I'd like to ask all of you who are in lockdown what the best and worst bits about it are ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The worst part for us is not seeing the grandchildren we really miss them, thank goodness for our family WhatsApp group. It’s the uncertainty of how long this will go on, if there was an end date it would be something to look forward to. As I’ve said previously the weather, bar one day has been really nice, actually getting a tan :D I was looking forward to catching up with friends at Headingley last week & Chelmsford this week but sadly that hasn’t happened. It’s really surreal that if our eldest drops off some shopping for us she can’t come into the house & I miss giving her a hug.
Stay safe folks.
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Not much changed with me, except I'm now working 7 days a week. Moaned here before, so not gonna do it again. Ah well...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

My 'work' hasn't changed so I still plod on, and it has generally entailed that I'm on my own most of the time anyway. I'm out every day for exercise and to get to my 'office' which is my house, I live at my girlfriend's home normally. It's a 3 mile walk and I adhere to the 2m distancing thing with everyone, again it's not much different to normal as it's not a busy route from Middleton to Beeston (for anyone who knows south Leeds ;) )

A few weeks back, like nearly a million folk, I joined that GoodSAM voluntary scheme but my skills and experience only qualify me to call people for the 'Check Up and Chat' option. The thing is, I've been 'on duty' for over 300 hours now (the phone app tells you) and not had one request to call anyone yet :D I'm only putting this here as it's not a criticism or complaint, I see it as a pleasantly amusing thing as it probably means I'm not needed as so many people got there before me :D