New adidas kit for 2020/21

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: New adidas kit for 2020/21

Post by White Knight »

I like it’s simplicity. White with blue trim is sharp and classy, although Mr.Russell has tainted it a bit by accurately comparing it to one of the recent Chelsea shirts. :roll:

What surprised me is that the Leeds badge appears small on the shirt. The Adidas logo is nearly as big as it - that isn’t good.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

B O R I N G

.. and too generic.

All they had to do was one of two things : either make one shoulder's stripes yellow and the other blue, or put a yellow middle stripe between two blue on both sides.
Then it's unique and it's Leeds United.
Right now it's just an adidas t-shirt with a Leeds badge on it.

Training top at best and I will not be buying it.
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

Available early. £60 so at the usual kit price point. Going to wait for away kit though.

https://shop.leedsunited.com/all-adult
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The yellow middle stripe (as on the leaked mockup) or yellow on one shoulder (similar to the training kit's gold/silver) would have been better, but I guess they got it to plain white as they felt they could.
mattant250
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mattant250 »

rigger wrote:B O R I N G

.. and too generic.

All they had to do was one of two things : either make one shoulder's stripes yellow and the other blue, or put a yellow middle stripe between two blue on both sides.

While I actually quite like the kit, I do agree, a bit of yellow would have lent it more of a Leeds feel. Although I prefer the yellow between the blue, I'm not a fan of the mockups I saw with yellow one side and blue the other.

Nevertheless, it's a nice kit and as kk_white said earlier in the thread, it's very European.

It gets an 8/10 from me...
MARCHING ON TOGETHER
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

mattant250 wrote:
rigger wrote:B O R I N G

.. and too generic.

While I actually quite like the kit, I do agree, a bit of yellow would have lent it more of a Leeds feel. Although I prefer the yellow between the blue, I'm not a fan of the mockups I saw with yellow one side and blue the other.

Nevertheless, it's a nice kit and as kk_white said earlier in the thread, it's very European.

It gets an 8/10 from me...
I like it also, plain and simple although I do agree with having a yellow stripe on the shoulders and the sponsors name reduced in size as I genuinely dislike the name, I have to read it three or four times to be able to understand it. The sponsorship logo is catchy though, That on its own with its name in small print would have been better. Overall a 7/10 for me.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just bought (I hope) the new top for Matthew and a Tee shirt for myself. Took a while for payment screen to change the I get a message telling me payment is currently being taken if I don't receive a confirmation email contact customer services. No email so contacted CS were a very nice lady apologised and advised me to wait until tomorrow to see if the email arrives. :crazy:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:... a very nice lady apologised and advised me to wait until tomorrow to see if the email arrives. :crazy:
By Royal Mail? :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

I have no intention of paying £60 for a shirt!

I'd want a car for that kind of money ! :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

whiteinfrance wrote:I have no intention of paying £60 for a shirt!

I'd want a car for that kind of money ! :lol:
It wasn’t long ago I was laying £60 for a car, bought it for £10 more than the guy was getting from the fire service who we’re going to use it for practice. I moved up in the world when I got my next car, paid £150 for it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders