Insignificant things that annoy you

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Insignificant things that annoy you

Post by NottinghamWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Really going off on one now crisps or the ever decreasing amount you get in a bag these days. Seriously the amount has gone to ridiculous levels, where have all the crisps gone :twisted:
We’ve stopped buying crisps because of this just buy Pringles now .
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Really going off on one now crisps or the ever decreasing amount you get in a bag these days. Seriously the amount has gone to ridiculous levels, where have all the crisps gone :twisted:
Yes but that's so dangerous, especially the simple Sour Cream and Onion
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
Yes but that's so dangerous, especially the simple Sour Cream and Onion
We've just bought our first packet of Walkers Sensations Chinese spare rib flavour crackers - truly wonderful
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

The general misuse of the english language.

All the americanisms that everyone seems to be adopting, often on TV news programmes also.

Current pet hate is getting something 'for free'

For those who don't know, you get something 'free', or for something else, like money or in part exchange.

'For free' makes no grammatical or logical sense, and yet, I hear it all the time everywhere.

It all started with FRIENDS and has gotten progressively worse!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

whiteinfrance wrote:It all started with FRIENDS and has gotten progressively worse!
... er ... you do know that "gotten" is an Americanism, right ? :lol:
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

whiteinfrance wrote:The general misuse of the english language.

All the americanisms that everyone seems to be adopting, often on TV news programmes also.

Current pet hate is getting something 'for free'

For those who don't know, you get something 'free', or for something else, like money or in part exchange.

'For free' makes no grammatical or logical sense, and yet, I hear it all the time everywhere.

It all started with FRIENDS and has gotten progressively worse!
Most free things that are advertised seem to involve handing some money over.
Want a free mobile phone? Sign up for a contract for £xxx per month.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Kentucky Fried chicken adverts.
McDonald's adverts
Microsoft adverts
IPhone adverts.
Infact, most TV adverts.
Advertisers don't seem to have a sense of humour anymore and take themselves far too seriously.

Any advert that promotes the notion of the 'perfect lifestyle'. It's just insulting to the intelligence.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The amount of unwanted rubbish that’s put through your letterbox yesterday we had pizza takeaway menus, bags for old clothes, a gardener offering his services, another pizza menu & a paving company. Please stop putting stuff through the letterbox :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

This Eat Out scheme is actually causing problems. We eat out often and we can't get in anywhere or we're put off by places being rammed.
CorkWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CorkWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The amount of unwanted rubbish that’s put through your letterbox yesterday we had pizza takeaway menus, bags for old clothes, a gardener offering his services, another pizza menu & a paving company. Please stop putting stuff through the letterbox :twisted:
Putting up a sign on the letter box saying no spam mail please will stop a lot of that NW. worked for me years ago when there was a huge influx of exactly the mails you're getting. There was one particular idiot i gave a good dressing down to after I put the sign up on my door, mainly because he saw the sign and still persisted in putting them in. He never put them in after that dressing down I gave him. I basically told him among other things about his eyesight etc.... the next time i'd be waiting for him and a hammer or a soldering iron would meet his hand as it comes through the door.

I suffer no fools gladly mate when it comes to blatancy. :shh: