Covid Christmas

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Covid Christmas

Post by Selby White »

Just booked to go away at Christmas.

We will be Self Catering for 7 nights in West Cornwall and planning a few walks on the South West Coast Path.
Certainly a different type of Christmas but just the two of us fits in with Covid rules and Cornwall is one of the safer areas currently.
Lovely place but have a feeling it could turn out wet and windy.

Anyone else making any plans yet ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Covid Christmas

Post by johnh »

Unless we get another lockdown, we will be going to my daughter in Flackwell Heath. Other daughter comes down from London and son from York. Otherwise, it will be me and her indoors sat looking at each other with the gloom only rising when Zoom comes on.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We’re booked into our usual hotel in Scarbados but are waiting to see what’s happening with Covid-19. Whatever will be will be.
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

I'd love to go somewhere over Christma, but apart from the fact that herself loves Christmas at home, my kiddies are still awaiting Santa - aged 10 and 7 - but I have my doubts about the 10 year old...

Good news is, I'm certain that he'll be able to deliver a few nice things :D
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The biggest problem the hotel is facing is that only 20 people can eat at the same time ( 60 residents ) there’ll only be 24 seats in the public areas but we have had a phone call explaining all this. Things like the ongoing mince pies in the bar won’t be happening also there’s going to be no,Christmas evening buffet.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As I worked in hotels at Christmas I hated it so we spent several years travelling to places like Goa, The Gambia, Sri Lanka & Nepal ( twice ) literary anywhere we could escape the tinsel & turkey. In Goa we decided to back ourselves into a camp with just the 4 tents & a communal area where beer & spirits were available. On Christmas morning we walked a track that skirted a river & came upon a small holding & as we passed out boomed Bing Crosby singing White Christmas, totally surreal experience. We had a lovely time as the other 3 couples were our age & very like minded.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Usually go to the daughters but at the moment aren’t sure what we are going to do. If necessary we will stay at home but that will be very much a last minute decision.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

25 years in retail mean I too hate Christmas.
It's ridiculous how some people get so worked up about it all.
One of my colleagues is a case in point : she has five trees up ALL YEAR ROUND :think:
She puts an additional two up just for Xmas itself.
Her husband is a (lapsed) Sikh :D

Jeanna and I have decided to buy each other one gift as we're going to South Africa next year, all being well.
That's the thing we're trying to plan but it's a nightmare knowing whether to bite the bullet with booking flights at the moment ..
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Our neighbours put their decorations up at the end of November as do loads of folk on the estate, ridiculous in my opinion.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sorry you boring old whatsits, but I bloody love Christmas, always have, always will. In fact, I’ve been into town today to get a few presents :thumbup:

That said, this year is going to be very different by the looks of it. We’ve lived in our village for 16 years now, and most of those 16 years, at Christmas, my Mum, Dad, Daughter & Son would come over Christmas Day and stay over. My son and I would then go to the football on Boxing Day.

Now, my mum is no longer with us, my daughter lives in Australia, my son lives with his girlfriend in Newcastle and my dad is in a vulnerable group. Lord knows how this one will turn out, but I’m hoping, at the very least, we can get my Dad over for the night.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.