who is in South Africa supporting Leeds Leeds Leeds

Introduce yourself here
JMK
Giddy Kipper

who is in South Africa supporting Leeds Leeds Leeds

Post by JMK »

I am in the Western Cape in South Africa in the Stellenbouch area are the any Leeds Fans watching the Yeovil game live here
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: who is in South Africa supporting Leeds Leeds Leeds

Post by Davycc »

Welcome JMK

Huddersfailed thrashed 5-1, Scumsters beaten and now our first SA map pin. it's nearly a perfect weekend :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
JMK
Giddy Kipper

Post by JMK »

Are you in the Western Cape?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

JMK wrote:I am in the Western Cape in South Africa in the Stellenbouch area are the any Leeds Fans watching the Yeovil game live here

Ah! The wine lands region, enjoyed my time there a few years ago particularly the lovely wines. Welcome to the forum by the way :thumbup: as Davy says you are our first South African member so can't help you. As the forum is growing on a daily basis I'm sure others will join from your area and we will be able to put you all in touch with each other.
Winner of the Europa League
JMK
Giddy Kipper

Post by JMK »

Yes it is fantastic just need to rally a few fans am spreading the word and have a local pub that will put Leeds games on, just need the white army here!!!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Well, I know a couple in Joburg: my nephews :D

They've been force-fed Leeds United from a young age.
Actually, one is in Cape Town at uni at the moment but he's more into drinking, DJing and women than anything else ... but then he is 22.
JMK
Giddy Kipper

Leeds Fans in south Africa

Post by JMK »

Are there any Leeds Fans in the Stellenbousch area in south Africa out there !!!!
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Merged and moved thread into new members forum, better suited here
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I went to an Irish bar in the Bryanston area of Jo'burg a year or two ago with my two nephews to watch the Leeds v Forest match at the start of the season. The suburb is an affluent part of the city and my sister's family had lived there a few years so I knew it well.
We walked into the place and it was quite busy - a Sunday lunchtime - and there was a big screen with Sky Sports News on and loads of people watching it while eating and drinking. I asked if they were gonna show the football later and the bloke behind the bar just looked at me like I was an idiot, paused and then said "The rugby will be on."
So I smiled and asked him again "But Leeds are playing Forest".
He laughed and a few people stopped talking and waited for my reaction to what he said next:
"But this is South Africa playing Australia".
I looked at my two nephews, who were getting a little shifty at this point, and simply said "But this is Leeds United. Lucas Hhhaaaadibeee".
And he laughed again at my amazingly accurate attempt at the correct pronunciation of The Chief's name and said "Okay, I'll put it on one of the screens outside - is that alright ?"
"Do you do table service ?" I asked.
"For you, yes" he said.
We shook hands and I ordered three pints and only went back in to settle up about three hours later :D