What are you currently listening to ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What are you currently listening to ?

Post by Davycc »

Nothing specific but I've been tuning into Mellow Magic in the car, great music all round.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Nothing specific but I've been tuning into Mellow Magic in the car, great music all round.
Don't know if you get it over the water Davy but "Greatest hits" radio is what we often have in the car, all the well known classics.
Also listen to Mellow Magic sometimes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
Davycc wrote:Nothing specific but I've been tuning into Mellow Magic in the car, great music all round.
Don't know if you get it over the water Davy but "Greatest hits" radio is what we often have in the car, all the well known classics.
Also listen to Mellow Magic sometimes.
Yeah have all the DAB stations and like the Greatest hits station but keep losing the signal for a few seconds in certain places on it. Happens on a few other DAB stations as well, including Radio 5 Live very annoying as always seems to be when it's something I want to hear. Mellow Magic is fine .... so far :shh:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Jerusalem video, white building, LEEDS UNIVERSITY.
White rose on the coat of arms was a clue.
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Things are starting to open up around here. Today I went to an outdoor concert in a local park.A scaled back annual festival presented by a local music venue.
Headliners were 'Neal and the Vipers'. This band have been playing the North East United States for over 30 years. Their music is billed as 'Amercana' or American roots music but today they were heavy into blues rock.Covers of Hendrix,Stevie Ray Vaugn, traces of Robert Cray,and one original that had a distinct Stax Memphis soul sound. So a great show and just great to be out there, warm sunny day, people behaving, food stalls, vendors with their assortment of goods, almost back to normal. Almost coz just to remind us, there was a hospital bus giving vaccine shots to anybody not yet vaccinated.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Back to my youth with a bit of early Slade :D

Play it Loud their first Album as Slade (did do a earlier as Ambrose Slade)-
Not their more well known stuff it was prior to all the hits and ruling Glam Rock but I like it.

Saxon

Post by Saxon »

One day earlier this week a colleague who is moving out of State walked into my office, dropped a cardboard box on the floor and said, "Take what you want and throw the rest away". In the box are around 30 CD'S, most remastered LP records from the 1960's and 70's. None are thrown away. A quick look through I picked 'Anthology', by the Moody Blues for first listen on my commute, I havn't taken it off yet. A 2 disc set, 33 songs.Never been a big Moody Blues fan, although I know maybe 8 or 9 of their songs. Listening to some of these extended versions I am starting to 'Get it', and see where the orchestral arrangements dovetail their band sound which makes them sound so unique.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Saxon wrote:One day earlier this week a colleague who is moving out of State walked into my office, dropped a cardboard box on the floor and said, "Take what you want and throw the rest away". In the box are around 30 CD'S, most remastered LP records from the 1960's and 70's. None are thrown away. A quick look through I picked 'Anthology', by the Moody Blues for first listen on my commute, I havn't taken it off yet. A 2 disc set, 33 songs.Never been a big Moody Blues fan, although I know maybe 8 or 9 of their songs. Listening to some of these extended versions I am starting to 'Get it', and see where the orchestral arrangements dovetail their band sound which makes them sound so unique.
Moody Blues are one of two acts that I have two identical Albums (the other been Bowie), its the Greatest Hits in the Moody's case. No reason other than when Mrs SW and I got together and put our album collections together we both had it. Hence nowadays one resides at home and one lives in the car.

For the record I always reckoned "Nights in White Satin" would be a great song for Leeds to come out to :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The Best of Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac

Saxon

Post by Saxon »

Great band SW,I like both the original line up and later 70's version, especially vocals from Christine.
Just coincidence I had picked this Fleetwood song this morning. Shows how versatile this band was from classics like 'Black magic woman' to laid back 'Albatross' or 'Man of the World'.