Smart TV

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Smart TV

Post by Costy »

I have two LG smart TV's and don't think you can go wrong with them. Easy to use and work perfectly with a great picture. Probably don't use even half of the features that it has to be honest.
Am I the only one using a 'doctored' stick for football and movies then? Surely not...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just added my Prime to Sky, I do hate to say it but with Netflix and now Amazon available on the platform they are doing a great job in building especially for pushovers like myself. Was tempted to buy a firestick and give it to a friend of a friends brother to set up. My neighbour did 4 months ago and it hasn't missed a beat. I won't of course as I'm

1. Too scared
2. Too honest
3. Too sceptical
and
4. Probably too stupid not to.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Bought earlier spent more than I’d intended £750 but as it looks like we’re going to be housebound for awhile it’s money well spent. Getting delivered next Thursday so I’ll have fun setting it up. The TV is an LED NanoCell, ultra HD, including Freeview & Dolby stereo. Thing is I remember when TV’s only had black & white :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Like a kid at Christmas here as tomorrow my new TV arrives between 07:00-09:00 :D we’ve paid to have it installed, next to nowt in all honesty. Will enjoy playing around with it & seeing the differences.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Like a kid at Christmas here as tomorrow my new TV arrives between 07:00-09:00 :D we’ve paid to have it installed, next to nowt in all honesty. Will enjoy playing around with it & seeing the differences.
Let us know how you get on NW, we are getting a new tele this year, haven’t got a clue what we are doing and any help appreciated :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Like a kid at Christmas here as tomorrow my new TV arrives between 07:00-09:00 :D we’ve paid to have it installed, next to nowt in all honesty. Will enjoy playing around with it & seeing the differences.
Let us know how you get on NW, we are getting a new tele this year, haven’t got a clue what we are doing and any help appreciated :thumbup:
Sounds a bit OTT but I've a 65" smart Phillips TV. Love the picture on HD nature progs and appreciate the Netflix and now Amazon Prime apps.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

First call of the day all set up & now finding my way around. So far it’s blooming marvellous it really is.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

A bit of a rude awakening at 06:25 telling us we were the first customers of the day. We opened the window & the patio doors, it was freezing in the house. BB from what I’ve seen so far it’s worth every penny, especially as we are once again in lockdown.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Our surround sound from our TV, runs through our DVD player. Yes, I know nobody has DVD’s anymore, but we found the quality of the sound was better when it ran through it, rather than the normal TV. However, the fan on the DVD has now started making a ‘whirring’ sound.

Any techies have any idea how to fix it ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:
Sounds a bit OTT but I've a 65" smart Phillips TV. Love the picture on HD nature progs and appreciate the Netflix and now Amazon Prime apps.
Have now got both the above apps, recommended to a couple of friends who have said they make lockdown bearable so unbeknown to you you’ve helped a few people get through this awful time.