Snooker Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Snooker Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

The last 16 play to a finish tonight to decide the quarter final set up tomorrow, one young lad I’ve been watching throughout the week is the amateur Paul Deaville, only 17 years old :crazy:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

One of the best deciding frames you’ll ever see, as Higgins beats ROS 6-5.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Champion of Champions tournament starts today, Trump flying at the minute :wtf:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cracking afternoon of snooker ahead, ROS v Bingham then Higgins v Ding.

Winners to play in the group final tonight to get to the semi finals of the competition.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Ding absolutely threw it away. Missed a relatively easy red which would have left Higgins needing a snooker, when a win would have put Ding through.
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Ding absolutely threw it away. Missed a relatively easy red which would have left Higgins needing a snooker, when a win would have put Ding through.
Yes, it was crazy Sir John.

Just settling down now for ROS v Higgins.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

ROS well beaten by Higgins, though I thought the balls ran very kindly for Higgins.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:ROS well beaten by Higgins, though I thought the balls ran very kindly for Higgins.
Since he lost the weight, not that he was bad before :D, Higgins is like a different player.

Alan McManus was mentioning how much closer he can get the cue to his body now, amazing how much difference it has made.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote: Since he lost the weight, not that he was bad before :D, Higgins is like a different player.
Was like Jekyll and Hyde yesterday was awful in the afternoon session against Ding and only poor play at the end by the China man allowed him to sneak over the line.

Last night took vidtually every chance that came his way with some excellent shots.

Word for ROS I thought his long potting was best I've seen for sometime which seems to be strange for someone getting well beat.
His errors were careless ones once in the balls which is unusual.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: Since he lost the weight, not that he was bad before :D, Higgins is like a different player.
Was like Jekyll and Hyde yesterday was awful in the afternoon session against Ding and only poor play at the end by the China man allowed him to sneak over the line.

Last night took vidtually every chance that came his way with some excellent shots.

Word for ROS I thought his long potting was best I've seen for sometime which seems to be strange for someone getting well beat.
His errors were careless ones once in the balls which is unusual.
Yes, I agree SW. When they showed the stats at the end for both players. ROS was ahead in nearly every stat. When he missed a pot, it, almost without exception, left an easy starter for Higgins. You could tell that HIggins, once he got in, was not going to break down.