2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by mapperleywhite »

I'd just like to question whether Bielsa actually thinks in terms of 'left back' or 'right back'?

Didn't we line up with a 3-3-3-1 formation in the last few games? The second bank being Alioski-Phillips-Dallas; all three can defend and attack, all got on the score sheet (ok just)

I'm just sensing that Phillips will be moving on. We've demonstrated we've got decent - but not yet equivalent replacements - and the money would be invested in a truly creative midfielder.

No need to spend too much in view of the talented youngsters we have.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

mapperleywhite wrote:I'd just like to question whether Bielsa actually thinks in terms of 'left back' or 'right back'?

Didn't we line up with a 3-3-3-1 formation in the last few games? The second bank being Alioski-Phillips-Dallas; all three can defend and attack, all got on the score sheet (ok just)

I'm just sensing that Phillips will be moving on. We've demonstrated we've got decent - but not yet equivalent replacements - and the money would be invested in a truly creative midfielder.

No need to spend too much in view of the talented youngsters we have.
Hope your senses are off MW ;) but I see what you mean about his thinking.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

mapperleywhite wrote: I'm just sensing that Phillips will be moving on.
Move on as in sold to another club?
I can't see him leaving for several reasons:
1) We've achieved above our expectations
2) We did not show any sign of overachieving or being lucky to finish where we've finished - 10 out of the last 11 matches undefeated against with some convincing results against some top clubs - W v spurs & cith, D v scums, pool & chelski.
3) His place in the squad is secure (if he goes to liverpool, man city, etc. he wont be playing as much)
4) It's his home town, he loves leeds!

On the club's side i dont see why they will want to sell him as he is doing very good job in a very difficult role, he cost us no money, and even if we were to bring a big name that suppose to be better than him it will take him time to get accustomed to the intensity, style, etc. and it can always be a hit or miss.

KP is doing very very well. I think he can be the one of the greatest in this specific role. his diagonals are out of this world and his connection with harisson is telepathic.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Jack Harrison will join us permanently on 01-07-2021 for £11m.
Winner of the Europa League
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Jack Harrison will join us permanently on 01-07-2021 for £11m.
Absolute steal. He continues to get better and better imo. I've often been one of VO's critics in the past but the business we have done in the last 12 months or so has been terrific.
gilesdriveby

Post by gilesdriveby »

Aqua- wrote:
mapperleywhite wrote: I'm just sensing that Phillips will be moving on.
Move on as in sold to another club?
I can't see him leaving for several reasons:
1) We've achieved above our expectations
2) We did not show any sign of overachieving or being lucky to finish where we've finished - 10 out of the last 11 matches undefeated against with some convincing results against some top clubs - W v spurs & cith, D v scums, pool & chelski.
3) His place in the squad is secure (if he goes to liverpool, man city, etc. he wont be playing as much)
4) It's his home town, he loves leeds!

On the club's side i dont see why they will want to sell him as he is doing very good job in a very difficult role, he cost us no money, and even if we were to bring a big name that suppose to be better than him it will take him time to get accustomed to the intensity, style, etc. and it can always be a hit or miss.

KP is doing very very well. I think he can be the one of the greatest in this specific role. his diagonals are out of this world and his connection with harisson is telepathic.
A lot of rumours going around just just guessing and others just click bait. This morning alone there was three articles linking other clubs with Phillips Bamford and Raphina. We can expect other bigger (currently) clubs to start looking at some of our players. Two things that make me feel a bit better is that they are unlucky to go unless it is a really tempting offer and if they do we can hold out for big money, which we might not have been able to do previously
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

DominanceUK wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Jack Harrison will join us permanently on 01-07-2021 for £11m.
Absolute steal. He continues to get better and better imo. I've often been one of VO's critics in the past but the business we have done in the last 12 months or so has been terrific.
Agreed he looks much better in our EPL side than in the Championship one, he's bided his time on loan, deserves to be made permanent. Welcome Jack (again ;) )
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
yorkfan

Post by yorkfan »

Danny Rose leaving Spuds on a free this summer.

Any takers?
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

yorkfan wrote:Danny Rose leaving Spuds on a free this summer.

Any takers?
Has been a bit of debate on here previously about him but generally the consensus is always the same - absolutely no chance. Not got the workrate, legs, or all round athleticism needed to fit into the Bielsa LB/WB role.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

The retained list released by the club...

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... ained-list
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.