2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by The Fonz »

selbydave wrote:apparently arsenal are willing to listen to offers for eddie nketiah, they want £10m as he only has a year on his contract
is he worth a punt? he knows the system and didnt do too badly last year

Not a position we need if we are sticking with our formation.
We have Paddy & Rodders who would both be above him in the pecking order then we have Joe Gelhardt a great talent who I wouldn't want to see drop down the order.

I put Rodders in direct competition with Paddy as think MB as decided that he is best there and not in the No10 role (based on last few games).

Two players competing for every position and a good young un as back up is ideal in my view.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Not for me. Arsenal taking him back b ecause he wasn't getting game time says it all for me.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

selbydave wrote:apparently arsenal are willing to listen to offers for eddie nketiah, they want £10m as he only has a year on his contract
No thanks, we can do much better than him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Agreed. Would be good as a championship player but not as a striker who might get you into the top six. Martinelli is a much better prospect.
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

PC71 wrote:Lots of talk about Liverpool coming in for Raphinha, offer of £32m, surely that wouldn’t buy the little toe on his right foot? If we do sell, really hope we don’t, surely we would hold out for way more than that, he was class this season.
Raphinha departure was my major worry. Once big guns like Liverpool, Man City and scum start knocking the doors................ I only hope that, if he has to go, he goes for big bucks. If Grealish is worth £100m, cannot believe that Raphinha is worth less than £80m. He is class on his own, playing equally left and right wing. Regardless to earnings and money I do hope and pray he stays with us.

MOT MOT forever
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

The Fonz wrote:

Not a position we need if we are sticking with our formation.
We have Paddy & Rodders who would both be above him in the pecking order then we have Joe Gelhardt a great talent who I wouldn't want to see drop down the order.

I put Rodders in direct competition with Paddy as think MB as decided that he is best there and not in the No10 role (based on last few games).

Two players competing for every position and a good young un as back up is ideal in my view.
This :thumbup:

I also like two players pushing for each position or rotating to keep them both fresh.
Eg, Paddy plays for an hour runs legs of the defenders and Rodrigo comes on to expose the gaps. Next game Rodders does the first bit and Paddy comes on.
Thought last season Paddy had a spell where he needed a rest, not surprising with the workload the striker has in our team. Sharing the role would keep both at the peak of their powers.
Of course option is there to throw both on if chasing a game.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NIK MOT wrote:
PC71 wrote:Lots of talk about Liverpool coming in for Raphinha, offer of £32m, surely that wouldn’t buy the little toe on his right foot? If we do sell, really hope we don’t, surely we would hold out for way more than that, he was class this season.
Raphinha departure was my major worry. Once big guns like Liverpool, Man City and scum start knocking the doors................ I only hope that, if he has to go, he goes for big bucks. If Grealish is worth £100m, cannot believe that Raphinha is worth less than £80m. He is class on his own, playing equally left and right wing. Regardless to earnings and money I do hope and pray he stays with us.

MOT MOT forever
Doubt he will go anywhere it would have to be silly money, we don't have a need to sell nowadays.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Selby White wrote:...Thought last season Paddy had a spell where he needed a rest...
Kinda off topic, but Selby's statement above had me thinking - which season was 'last' season? Championship or PL?

I suppose I'm asking, when does the upcoming 21/22 season become 'this' season?
Opening of transfer window?
When new fixtures come out?
Week of first match?
Kick-off itself?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk white wrote:
Selby White wrote:...Thought last season Paddy had a spell where he needed a rest...
Kinda off topic, but Selby's statement above had me thinking - which season was 'last' season? Championship or PL?

I suppose I'm asking, when does the upcoming 21/22 season become 'this' season?
Opening of transfer window?
When new fixtures come out?
Week of first match?
Kick-off itself?
Its a good question KK to me I would say it becomes Last Season as soon as we've played our last game, hence my statement was with regards to the Prem.

I'm sure others may differ ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’m with SW, the season becomes ‘last season’ following the last game of the season :D.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.