2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Barlow Boy wrote:
arfa wrote:THIS IS THE 21/22 TRANSFER THREAD.
Correct, and that’s the current season :?
I am supposing that the current season ends on the final Refs whistle on the last match hence the query of why posts relating to the close season are being included in this section.

The new season for me begins on the kick off of the first match of the season.

So the bit in the middle "between seasons" is a grey area - the off season as it were? :?
Keep The Faith / WAL
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

No reason summer transfers shouldn't be discussed here if people wish.

As Phoenix say's the when one season ends and the other starts is a grey area and views will differ.

So keep the discussion here until this thread as run its course and the next thread is started, would be silly to have two transfer/squad threads going at the same time.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

arfa wrote:THIS IS THE 21/22 TRANSFER THREAD.
I think this post was in reference to the 2017/18 transfer thread being bumped and accidentally used for present team news (I think some injury discussion), and this was arfa's attempt at bringing discussion back to the right thread.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

This is probably a moot point, but is there a single player out there we think would fit the key criteria for a Jan signing (good enough + available at a suitable price + fit enough to slot in)?

Barkley rumours are gathering pace and I have to admit I'm coming round to the idea of taking him on loan. He's been in the Chelsea first team a few times under a fitness-driven coach in Tuchel so should be up to speed, although I'm not sure about his pressing game. Otherwise it seems the only available options are Championship players who would be too big a gamble/require patience (Sibley, O'Brien). I'd love to see Ruben Loftus-Cheek come in, but he seems to be back in the fold at Chelsea.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

I think Eddie back from Arsenal will be a good option - He might not be 1st choice with a fit Bamford - But will be a strong option to work with PB and JG as required - Assuming that Rodrigo is preferred as a #10 style role by MB

Barkley - I don't think he is 90 min box to box player for us - But yesterday for the last 20/25 mins, for Klich would have been a great option - He has talent

Both Eddie and Barkley need to be considered, both for when we are short of players, thru' injuries and as an option for the last 20/25 mins as per yesterday - I want to see the juniors come thru' but we also need some experience and our bench is to weak to often

Otherwise a midfield box-box player should be Normann from Norwich but can't see us getting him until/if Norwich are relegated - He will suit MB's style with god energy and can run with the ball
mintyshoe
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by mintyshoe »

Fabio Carvalho, John Swift and Eddie Nketiah are all out of contract in summer, and we already know Bielsa likes the latter two.

These type of players fit the astute value-for-money model that Orta/Rad follow and would arguably be 1st team (at the very least it would definitely strengthen options off the bench).

I think these are the types of incomings we can expect in January, which as you all know is not a buyers market. We'll save the marquee signings for the summer window.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Was never sure about Eddie when he was here that he could fit into our system but after I watched him against us in the cup I think he has added to his game so would be decent competition/cover for Paddy.
Saying that I really don't want to push the academy kids down the pecking order within the next 2 or 3 years can see a few of them been first team regulars and others on the fringe.
Suppose if we signed Eddie it could be seen as pushing Gelhardt down the order or to take positive view give us a different option they are certainly different types of strikers. The other important thing is that he knows MB's methods so would fit in quickly.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Not being gloomy for the sake of it but I don't expect any signings in January and I don't think we're in a position to be making marquee signings yet, we will be looking at players not at the 'top table' so to speak.
arfa
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by arfa »

Supposedly signed a young player from Espanyol - Mateo Joseph - another for the U23's. Probably can't be announced until transfer window opens (if true).
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Regarding Eddie Nketiah I have the feeling we won't be seeing him in January as Bielsa wasn't impressed.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....