2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Leonickroberts »

mapperleywhite wrote:Regarding Eddie Nketiah I have the feeling we won't be seeing him in January as Bielsa wasn't impressed.
Was Bielsa not impressed? I thought Bielsa really liked him, and he left because Arsenal/Eddie thought he wasn't getting enough game time. Not sure how I feel about it - if we could get him super cheap it might be worth it, but I'm very wary of blocking Gelhardt's route into the first team. I don't think it'll happen either, but that being said, we really need more goals in this team.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

I used to think Eddie would be a good option as back up for Bamford as required - Either thru' injury or a change of attack if we need that winner/equaliser etc

However Joe is barely getting a kick and Roberts is clearly teachers favourite, so whilst I'd like the idea of Eddie coming to us I can't see the need - Certainly whilst Roberts is the chosen one , for whatever reason

However I suspect he'll be available at a good price - Apparently not signing a new contract and will be a freebie after May/June - So a sensible bid in Jan could secure
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

I see we are being linked with Ben Brereton Diaz, I will be honest, hadn’t heard much about him until the Chile call up and him adding the Diaz. He has been scoring for fun recently though?? 16 in 21 this season and 3 in 9 for Chile, plus hadn’t realised he is only 22.
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

PC71 wrote:I see we are being linked with Ben Brereton Diaz, I will be honest, hadn’t heard much about him until the Chile call up and him adding the Diaz. He has been scoring for fun recently though?? 16 in 21 this season and 3 in 9 for Chile, plus hadn’t realised he is only 22.
I suspect this is lazy journalism based on the South American link. He's a decent prospect and is only 22, but I can't imagine he's the sort of player we'd be after in the Jan window, and you'd hope that we'd want to be more ambitious in the summer if we stay up.
psquithy
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by psquithy »

Leonickroberts wrote:
PC71 wrote:I see we are being linked with Ben Brereton Diaz, I will be honest, hadn’t heard much about him until the Chile call up and him adding the Diaz. He has been scoring for fun recently though?? 16 in 21 this season and 3 in 9 for Chile, plus hadn’t realised he is only 22.
I suspect this is lazy journalism based on the South American link. He's a decent prospect and is only 22, but I can't imagine he's the sort of player we'd be after in the Jan window, and you'd hope that we'd want to be more ambitious in the summer if we stay up.
"...when we stay up."
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

psquithy wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
"...when we stay up."
I knew somebody would jump on that :D. I'm hopeful, but not counting any chickens until things are clearer after Christmas.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sorry, this should be in the Ex-Player thread, but I just couldn’t do it :cry: :cry: :cry:

https://twitter.com/lufc/status/1466480 ... 14916?s=21
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Sorry, this should be in the Ex-Player thread, but I just couldn’t do it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Welling up here, thanks absolutely brilliant.
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Sorry, this should be in the Ex-Player thread, but I just couldn’t do it :cry: :cry: :cry:

Welling up here, thanks absolutely brilliant.
And here, pure class.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

He's Leeds, and he knows he is.