2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: 2021 - 2022 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by PhoenixUnited »

mapperleywhite wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:Harry Winks in January?
Yep - not involved in Spurs embarassment today
We definitely need to upscale the available quality we have in our midfield. Indeed we need quality improvements across the whole squad me thinks
Keep The Faith / WAL
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

I think H Winks will be a good player for us to work further up the pitch than KP

Watching the Norwich game yesterday both Aarons and Normann would be excellent - Could see them both slotting straight in with MB's style etc
Leicester White

Post by Leicester White »

Normann is a brilliant shout for the summer when Norwich go down or perhaps steal in in January when that fate is inevitable; watched a bit of Gallagher over the weekend too and he'd've made a lot of difference - a mate was saying he's a Londoner so that edged his decision towards Palace (should've spoken to Vinny Jones and Tony Curry about Leeds prior to making his decision!). Aarons is a fine player - we're stronger in that area so I guess the call there becomes would he do better for us than say Harrison? I suspect he would on current form.
Leicester White

Post by Leicester White »

Re-watched the Raphinha goal and he nutmegs 3 players. I saw Cantona score a hat-trick in the Charity Shield Final; Kewell shone brightly for a while; Viduka had more than his fair share of magic and Strachan was amazing throughout a lengthy career... but, I think Raphinha is a more exciting player. than any of those Think his goals per game ratio will end up matching Cantona and he's doing that from the wing! :-)

I guess the questions become can we keep KP and Raph? Are we better to get the best part of £100million per player and buy the same quality player in that position from a cheaper league like Leicester successfully do or is it too much of a risk with players like that proving irreplaceable and the team becoming worse post-replacements like Villa post-Grealish?
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Leicester White wrote:
I guess the questions become can we keep KP and Raph? Are we better to get the best part of £100million per player and buy the same quality player in that position from a cheaper league like Leicester successfully do or is it too much of a risk with players like that proving irreplaceable and the team becoming worse post-replacements like Villa post-Grealish?
I'd be very surprised if we kept both of them next summer, particularly Raphina. I suppose a lot will depend on where we finish this season. But the way Raphina is playing and now he's getting games for Brazil - it would be hard to imagine that someone wouldn't come in for him but we would definitely get a good price. I think following Leicester's model for the forseeable is the wisest thing to do until we have become an established club in the PL.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leicester White wrote: I guess the questions become can we keep KP and Raph? Are we better to get the best part of £100million per player and buy the same quality player in that position from a cheaper league like Leicester successfully do or is it too much of a risk with players like that proving irreplaceable and the team becoming worse post-replacements like Villa post-Grealish?
Personally, I think we’ll keep Kalvin for a season or two.

Eventually, and naturally, he’ll want to win things and mixing with the lads from the top 6 clubs when he’s on international duty with England, will take its toll. They’ll be ‘tapping him up’ of course.

As for Raphinia, I’d be staggered if a big bid doesn’t come in the summer. What that bid will be, time will tell, but it must be in the region of £80M.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

Agree that sooner of later it will be a challenge to keep KP, Raph and even Meslier - Best bit of business for us is to get them on a decent contract, so at least when they go we get good bucks for them - Hard for any club outside that elite4-6, to keep the stars - Don't like it but that is how it has become - I've said before, there is no skill spending £70 million on VVD - The skill is finding him for £11 million - £70 million purchases just have bigger chq books

I agree that I think KP may well stay for another 1 or 2 - Meslier, if/when he goes, needs to go to a club with him as the 1st choice - No use him sitting on the bench at City, Scum, Scouse land etc and maybe at only 21, will he get a better job than Leeds - Is the likes of West Ham, Everton Spurs a notch up the ladder - Marginal call - His long term goal is surely the #1 shirt for France, so he will need 1st team work

Can we find another star like Raph for under £20 million - Who knows - But we have good potential coming thru' the ranks and it would be nice to see a return of O'Leary days and a few kids leading the way - Coupled with a few key purchases that ensures a good blend to create an exciting good team that gels

I admire the current Brentford format of finding good talent for no money - ditto Ajax - Of course the Revie side, Shankly side and even Clough/Rams + Forest, relied heavily on finding good non-established players who later became stars - We might never have a chq book as big as City, Man U, Liverpool etc, so we need to create a program that is successful, exciting and cost effective
arfa
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by arfa »

THIS IS THE 21/22 TRANSFER THREAD.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

arfa wrote:THIS IS THE 21/22 TRANSFER THREAD.
Isn't that where we are ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

arfa wrote:THIS IS THE 21/22 TRANSFER THREAD.
Correct, and that’s the current season :?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.