Skeletons & Caught-outs

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Skeletons & Caught-outs

Post by Davycc »

Matt Hancock resigns and rightly so. Just another instance of those in the media not practicing what they preach. We are all guilty of discretion's at some time (not meaning just sexual ones) but if you are in the limelight as a politician, sports person, actor/actress etc you need to have that closet door well locked and stay on the straight and narrow.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Skeletons & Caught-outs

Post by Barlow Boy »

That video is cringeworthy to say the least, and more than enough to lead to a resignation.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Davycc wrote:Matt Hancock resigns and rightly so. Just another instance of those in the media not practicing what they preach. We are all guilty of discretion's at some time (not meaning just sexual ones) but if you are in the limelight as a politician, sports person, actor/actress etc you need to have that closet door well locked and stay on the straight and narrow.
Is this is a trap? :D Shirley you mean 'indiscretions' :thumbup:
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:That video is cringeworthy to say the least, and more than enough to lead to a resignation.
Hancock looks out of the door to make sure the coast is clear without relizing he's on CCTV. I mean do we want these kind of people running our country??
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

mapperleywhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:That video is cringeworthy to say the least, and more than enough to lead to a resignation.
Hancock looks out of the door to make sure the coast is clear without relizing he's on CCTV. I mean do we want these kind of people running our country??
I’ve never been unfaithful, never will, so I’m not sure what someone does in these situations, but you’re right, he does look out of the door to make sure the coast is clear.

According to reports he’s now left his wife too, to start a ‘proper’ relationship with Coladangelo. I have to say, in his resignation video, he looks quite relieved, in the long term it might be the best for all concerned.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Davycc wrote:Matt Hancock resigns and rightly so. Just another instance of those in the media not practicing what they preach. We are all guilty of discretion's at some time (not meaning just sexual ones) but if you are in the limelight as a politician, sports person, actor/actress etc you need to have that closet door well locked and stay on the straight and narrow.
Is this is a trap? :D Shirley you mean 'indiscretions' :thumbup:
It's a trap lol . No you are correct indiscretions it should indeed be. :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I’ve never been unfaithful, never will, so I’m not sure what someone does in these situations, but you’re right, he does look out of the door to make sure the coast is clear.

According to reports he’s now left his wife too, to start a ‘proper’ relationship with Coladangelo. I have to say, in his resignation video, he looks quite relieved, in the long term it might be the best for all concerned.
Same here mate and yes, it could indeed be the best for them. I've been divorced was quite bitter but eventually things work out and I'm happier than I've ever been. Just hope it's not one of many clangers he drops in his private life and this works out. Remember the woman is married too so hope it isn't a knee jerk reaction to run off into the sunset together after a few weeks fling. He has to take all the bad stuff re his position, that comes with entering the public eye but I would never wish bad in anyones private life.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

He has only resigned because he was caught and THIS annoys me more than it should. Perhaps it has always been like that, that someone in authority suddenly 'finds a conscience' at last, coinciding with the fact that they have been sussed or have been unveiled as being grossly inept and out of their depth. I'm afraid to say that I honestly expect the vast majority of our politicians are just as dishonest, ingenuine, fake,
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:He has only resigned because he was caught and THIS annoys me more than it should. Perhaps it has always been like that, that someone in authority suddenly 'finds a conscience' at last, coinciding with the fact that they have been sussed or have been unveiled as being grossly inept and out of their depth. I'm afraid to say that I honestly expect the vast majority of our politicians are just as dishonest, ingenuine, fake,
ANS, they're human you mean. :D
I once played against Don Revie.