Tokyo 2021

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Tokyo 2021

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:GB winning a few gold medals this morning .
A couple of Yorkshire Golds :D

Tom Pidcock mountain bike is from God s own along with diver Matthew Lee from Leeds. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:GB winning a few gold medals this morning .
A couple of Yorkshire Golds :D

Tom Pidcock mountain bike is from God s own along with diver Matthew Lee from Leeds. :thumbup:
Yorkshire are just behind Australia in the medal table :lol:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Think this is the first ever Olympics I haven't watched a minute of. Don't know why, I normally am glued to them.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:Think this is the first ever Olympics I haven't watched a minute of. Don't know why I normally am glued to them.
Me too. I haven't even been looking to see when its on.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Wasn't really bothered in the build up but now it's started really enjoying all the various sports.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
Davycc wrote:Think this is the first ever Olympics I haven't watched a minute of. Don't know why I normally am glued to them.
Me too. I haven't even been looking to see when its on.
I’m a bit like that, although I have seen a few bits.

I’m putting it down to the time difference, i.e I’m usually out and about during the day, and that is when it is on.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The table currently

Winner of the Europa League
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

So today I decided that it was no good paying so little attention to the Olympics and decided to tune in and watch some of the proceedings and took in Shooting :shock: :wtf:

There is NOTHING to see! Some men and women with guns pointing them into the distance. That is It! The commentator tells you that a target has been hit but you have to take their word for it that a puff of pink smoke is a hit.....

Watching the leaves come off a tree in the breeze is more exciting........
Keep The Faith / WAL
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

PhoenixUnited wrote:So today I decided that it was no good paying so little attention to the Olympics and decided to tune in and watch some of the proceedings and took in Shooting :shock: :wtf:

There is NOTHING to see! Some men and women with guns pointing them into the distance. That is It! The commentator tells you that a target has been hit but you have to take their word for it that a puff of pink smoke is a hit.....

Cant say shooting would be my choice to watch, clearly not for spectators but still has its skills.
Plenty of sports are a great watch though, can only imagine how much work competitors put in just to qualify as never played anything above local level.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

The Fonz wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:So today I decided that it was no good paying so little attention to the Olympics and decided to tune in and watch some of the proceedings and took in Shooting :shock: :wtf:

Cant say shooting would be my choice to watch, clearly not for spectators but still has its skills.
Plenty of sports are a great watch though, can only imagine how much work competitors put in just to qualify as never played anything above local level.
Don't get me wrong. I am full of admiration for the dedication, skill, talent and ability of ALL the competitors. My point was that some of these things are a good spectator sport whereas others are not. I'll pick better next time :D
Keep The Faith / WAL