Injuries 2021-2022

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Injuries 2021-2022

Post by John Dane »

Barlow Boy wrote:Confirmed broken leg for Stuart Dallas.
Awful, but perhaps better than ruptured ligament?
All the best for our only Stuart Dallas :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Thought it looked bad at the time by the reaction and concern of players from both sides.

A big miss for us for the rest of the season, lets hope his recovery is quick and back playing for the next campaign.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

All the best for a quick recovery Stuart, you will be missed.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Selby White wrote:
Thought it looked bad at the time by the reaction and concern of players from both sides.

A big miss for us for the rest of the season, lets hope his recovery is quick and back playing for the next campaign.
Same here - Even when he was still 'flying through the air' you can see the start of the pain - I instantly thought it would be a break - He doesn't go/stay down easily - Best of luck to him - I'm an old git now, but played a lot in my 20's 30's and early 40's and lucky to only have had one injury, but you know straight away it is not good as you are still in the air and the scream starts before you land
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

guitarmark wrote:...Same here - Even when he was still 'flying through the air' you can see the start of the pain - I instantly thought it would be a break - He doesn't go/stay down easily - Best of luck to him - I'm an old git now, but played a lot in my 20's 30's and early 40's and lucky to only have had one injury, but you know straight away it is not good as you are still in the air and the scream starts before you land
Breaks are such a weird thing. Broke my Fibula in two places when I was 19, sprinting and trying to cross a ball as it hit the end line. With the thud that I felt, I thought my marker had kicked me. When I looked up, he was 10 yards away, still running towards me. I looked at my leg, saw the bone sticking out, but my head said 'you're ok, its a pulled muscle'... Turns out the studs on my right leg got caught in a divot and I while crossing with my left, I twisted my standing leg to a break.

Only when I started vomiting at half time did I actually show someone. 7 months in cast followed...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Big, big problem for Leeds. One of our very best and consistent players.
I played at senior amateur and semi-pro till I was 40. Never broke a single bone. Bones like iron, legs like tree trunks, must be in the calcium?
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

johnh wrote:Big, big problem for Leeds. One of our very best and consistent players.
I played at senior amateur and semi-pro till I was 40. Never broke a single bone. Bones like iron, legs like tree trunks, must be in the calcium?
I enjoyed tackling when playing, til I was late 40s but I'm not sure my body agrees. Obviously not to your standard John, or level of fitness, but a broken bone hurts the pros just as much as it hurts the pub players :( .

I broke my right tibia in 1986, and my right ankle the following year. Chipped a bone in my elbow (at a gig, not playing football), broke my wrist playing 5 a side (on tarmac surface). Not sure if I broke a metatarsal in my foot but there was a definite 'hole' and terrible swelling and bruising, and my left big toe snapped once as well. One of the worst injuries was when I was tripped in full flight and went sprawling on dry pitch, my shoulder taking the brunt of the impact - I somehow chipped the 'button' bone joint in my left collar bone. Horrible pain but I played on for the rest of the season.

None of these injuries felt as bad as my tendonitis & calcification in right Achilles that flared up last year, followed by the 'runner's knee' in left leg.

Methinks I should never have played football in my life :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Wow ANS, quite the collection there.

Apart from the leg break, the only others I've done are several fingers and toes, but that's par for the course when you grow up playing hurling in Ireland (Corky will understand).

For example (my beloved Kilkenny feature quite a bit :D ) https://youtu.be/5sv8enkTVuA
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk white wrote:Wow ANS, quite the collection there.

Apart from the leg break, the only others I've done are several fingers and toes, but that's par for the course when you grow up playing hurling in Ireland (Corky will understand).

For example (my beloved Kilkenny feature quite a bit :D ) https://youtu.be/5sv8enkTVuA
I wouldn't mind but I've never been that good either :P

Forgot to mention being knocked out twice as well, not the same game though.

Hurling looks proper tough, KKW, I've often thought it. 8-)