YOUR 1ST X1 WHEN ALL FIT. using same players.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

YOUR 1ST X1 WHEN ALL FIT. using same players.

Post by bedfordwhites »

4141 FORMATION Meslier, Ayling, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo, Phillips, James, Dallas, Raphinha, Harrison, Bamford.
4231 FORMATION Meslier, AYling, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo, Phillips, Dallas, James, Raphinha, Harrison, Bamford.
3331 FORMATION Meslier, Llorente, Phillips, Cooper, Ayling, Dallas, Firpo,James, Raphinha, Harrison, Bamford.
433 FORMATION Meslier Ayling Llorente, Cooper, Firpo, Dallas, Phillips, James, Raphinha, Bamford, Harrison.

Subs. Klaesson, Struijk, Koch, klich, Forshaw, Shackleton, Rodrigo, Gelhardt, Roberts. MOT.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: YOUR 1ST X1 WHEN ALL FIT. using same players.

Post by SiMamu »

4-3-3: Meslier; Ayling, Llorente, Struijk, Firpo; Phillips, Dallas, Klich; Raphinha, Harrison, Bamford
4-2-3-1: Meslier; Ayling, Llorente, Struijk, Firpo; Dallas, Phillips; Raphinha, Klich, Harrison; Bamford
4-4-2: Meslier; Ayling, Llorente, Struijk, Firpo; Dallas, Phillips, Klich, Harrison; Raphinha, Bamford
3-3-1-3: Meslier; Ayling, Llorente, Struijk; Dallas, Phillips, Firpo; Klich; Raphinha, Bamford, Harrison

Damn, we need a new CM lol.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Meslier
Ayling, Struik, Llorente, Firpo
Philips, Dallas
Raphinha, Rodrigo, Harrison,
Bamford
bearskin
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by bearskin »

Costy wrote:Meslier
Ayling, Struik, Llorente, Firpo
Philips, Dallas
Raphinha, Rodrigo, Harrison,
Bamford
I agree with this, with James, Gelhardt and Koch first off the bench.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Looks good. James or Harrison would be the tightest call for me at the moment. Give it a few months and hopefully that becomes Joe or Paddy... prefer Joe's 1st touch and see even more potential there.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Personally I would like to see us switch to the England preferred formation 4-2-3- rather than MB's 4-1-4-1 as our main game plan.

Why ?
MB's formation is great but leaves us open to the counter attack when we lose the ball (especially with full backs bombing forward). Would be absolutely great with a team of world class players but we haven't and for all we love them they can all be very capable of a bad pass, bad decision, caught in possesion, etc.
The England formation to me as proved successful in my eyes, not as good to watch at times but a World Cup Semi and a Euros final is good. I don't think on paper we are in the top two in europe or top 4 in the world so we've done better than we should.
So -
England lets say -
Pickford
Walker - Maguire- Stones- Shaw
Phillips - Rice
Foden - Sterling - Mount
Kane

That equates to Leeds -
Meslier
Ayling - Llorente - Cooper - Firpo
Phillips - Stuijk
Raphina - Rodrigo - Harrison
Bamford

With our normal formation we've always talked about the likes of Koch or Struijk replacing Kalvin when out but why not alongside him. It would benefit us in two ways -
1. It would allow Kalvin to get forward more and be more creative when we attack.
2. It would add to the height of the team at both defensive and attacking set pieces.

*Although we are possibly one player short Koch & Struijk (along with Creswell) would still be cover for LLorente or Coops but other positions our current squad back up for each position would be (with possible 3rd in line in brackets)-
Klaesson
Shackleton (Drameh) - *see above - *see above - Dallas (Hjelde)
Klich (Bate)- Koch (Kennah)
Summerville (McKinstry)- Roberts (Greenwood) - James (Miller)
Gelhardt (Dean)

Swap with my first choice as you see fit, just like having two players concentrating on each position rather than square pegs in round holes.

The formation I've chosen is easily adaptable to many other formations with a maximum of one substitution.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

There are players that I'd put in ink on the team sheet - Meslier, Dallas, Llorente, Struijk, Phillips, Raphinha, Bamford. These are the players of Premiership quality. So that's 7 off. After that, in pencil, it'd be a case of perm 4 out of these to make up the numbers - Ayling, Cresswell, Klich, Rodrigo, Harrison, Shakleton, Gelhardt. Then any of the other remaining players to make any shortfall on the Subs Bench.
These players have brought us out of the wilderness and we will be forever grateful and appreciative but we have to move on and evolve. I'm afraid that for some of the players we have had the best that we are going to get.
Keep The Faith / WAL