I come in peace.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
ansteyfox
Giddy Kipper

I come in peace.

Post by ansteyfox »

Leicester fan here. The coaches are getting us to Elland Road ridiculously early on Sunday; wondered if there was anything much to do around the ground?

AF
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: I come in peace.

Post by Barlow Boy »

ansteyfox wrote:Leicester fan here. The coaches are getting us to Elland Road ridiculously early on Sunday; wondered if there was anything much to do around the ground?

AF
Hi pal, opposition fans are more than welcome to the forum.

It depends what you are looking for really, if it’s just a beer or two, then away fans have their own bar (Howard’s Bar) next to the away entrance.

There are a few more pubs around, the Peacock bang opposite (which you might struggle with as you have to show your ticket to the bouncers, obviously they just let Leeds in). There’s the Drysalters pub, around 10 minutes walk away from the away end. Then, there’s The Old White Hart, just up the hill opposite the Billy Bremner statue.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ansteyfox
Giddy Kipper

Post by ansteyfox »

Great. Many thanks.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

As BB says opposition fans wanting decent conversation are more that welcome on this forum, we have a few from various clubs so feel free to stick around even when we don't play you. :thumbup:

Again as BB says there are Pubs you can go to and Drysalters welcomes away and home fans and just a 5 min or so walk from the ground.
The Old Peacock opposite the ground is home supporters only I believe.

Enjoy your trip to ER (well hope you don't enjoy the result :D )
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ansteyfox
Giddy Kipper

Post by ansteyfox »

If we play anything like Saturday, I think you will get your wish.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Great chippy over the road - Often a long queue, so that will get rid of some time for you - I've had a few good chats with away fans over the years around this area
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

ansteyfox wrote:If we play anything like Saturday, I think you will get your wish.

Welcome Mate :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

guitarmark wrote:Great chippy over the road - Often a long queue, so that will get rid of some time for you - I've had a few good chats with away fans over the years around this area
Open on a Sunday?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

ansteyfox wrote:Leicester fan here. The coaches are getting us to Elland Road ridiculously early on Sunday; wondered if there was anything much to do around the ground?

AF
Hi AF - my bestie from uni days is a lifelong Foxes fan so I take perhaps a more than average amount of interest in your club. Along with many other fans of football I was delighted when they won the Premiership and giving the self-annointed 'Big 6' a bloody nose. They did it playing some very attractive football, as well.

I think Tielemans is the danger man (along with Vardy, of course), I saw his goal at Brentford recently, wow what a strike. Foxes played 3 at the back that day so could we expect the same on Sunday, do you think?

I'm undecided about Maddison; he's a skillful player no question, but is he always in the ref's ear like he was in that game? Have to say I'm not convinced about Söyüncü, he looked a bit dodgy playing for Turkey in the summer. Fofana is a big miss, so unlucky breaking his leg in pre-season.

My Foxes mate whilst appreciative of the successes is not a big fan of Brendan Rodgers's personality. What's the impression of him generally among Foxes fans?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

ansteyfox. I did my National Service in the Far East with a guy from Leicester. We got on well, mainly because we both played for the football team. (1950's). I kept in touch with him and we used to meet up several times a year. He was a keen Leicester City supporter. Sadly, he passed away a couple of years ago but that relationship gave me a warm feeling for Leicester City. Always look for their result, read their match reports. Wish them well except when they play my two teams: Everton and Leeds Utd.,
Enjoy your stay here.
I once played against Don Revie.