Mods

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Mods

Post by DominanceUK »

Morning all. Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Just a quick post to thank the mods who help this forum be what it is - a friendly forum, it literally is the best out there which is a testament to not only the mods but the fans who come on here and post their comments.

Whilst not everything is agreed, it's argued in an adult fashion, something I really admire with you guys and girls.

Special mention to Selby White who has been running the quizzes and games effortlessly it seems - which I'm sure it isn't!

All the work is appreciated by all fans that come on here, there is no doubt about that.

Merry Xmas all and I hope 2022 will be a great year for us all.

Karl
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Mods

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Appreciated thank you. It’s never an easy task modding any forum but every decision is a democratic one but it’s the members who make our job so much easier. I think that anything political is a definite no-no on here, as I’ve said many times I’ve not got a political bone in my body. I think that the average age of the membership helps hopefully we all know it’s just a forum and not a soap box.

Viva la forum let’s continue to have the best, if not the busiest Leeds United forum on the net.

Phil
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I posted this on the Merry Christmas thread.
Just to say a special Merry Christmas to the mods who keep this forum a joy to visit. Anything resembling an argument is quickly nipped in the bud. So thanks guys for all the work you put in to making this the friendliest Leeds United forum on the net.
Hopefully now they’ll know we appreciate the thankless task that is ModMin.

Merry Christmas
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I posted this on the Merry Christmas thread.
Just to say a special Merry Christmas to the mods who keep this forum a joy to visit. Anything resembling an argument is quickly nipped in the bud. So thanks guys for all the work you put in to making this the friendliest Leeds United forum on the net.
Hopefully now they’ll know we appreciate the thankless task that is ModMin.

Merry Christmas
Sorry, I didn't see it.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

DominanceUK wrote:
Sorry, I didn't see it.
Nowt to be sorry about ;) I believe they need a thread so well done to you for creating it :clap: ( we can abuse them in the new year :lol: )
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Thanks guys, as NW has said, modding this forum is most certainly easier than any other and that's down to the calibre of members. Of course we have a wide range of views and opinions and being a supporter those views are usually pretty strong. No point in following a team and not caring enough to have an opinion but on the forum those opinions are generally well put and in a friendly way.

Thanks everyone for posting over the past year from all the regular faces to the new posters who have joined this year and who have added a lot to the discussions. Hopefully we have more posters joining in next year.

I'll join in thanking SW for all his work on the competitions they really add to the fun of the place and for me are a godsend between games and also thank the rest of the mod team who are always willing to jump in when others can't be around.

Here's to a successful 2022 for LUFC whatever your view on successful is.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Thank you very much gents :thumbup:

It is a bit tricky at times, but on the whole I enjoy the moderating which, as Davy said, is made much easier by the members of the forum.

I can only concur with the thanks to SW for running the competitions, never ceases to amaze me how he keeps on top of it all.

Have a great few days all :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Thanks to all members that make this a good place to belong :thumbup:

Other Mods have said it but this place is possibly easier than most to oversee due to the quality of the vast majority of members.
Its actually quite rare on here for sensible debate to turn into nasty argument, not always the case in every forum.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Hugely appreciate all the mod work folks. Best forum out there, no doubt about it.

Wayne.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

My first time as being a mod ever but it's great to hear from forum members who appreciate what we have to do to keep this great forum going. It makes it all worthwhile.

Cheers to all!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.