Christmas drinks

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Christmas drinks

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:
kk white wrote:IT'S ALL CHANGED HERE TODAY :shock:

For a few years we went to Lorraine's parents for Christmas dinner. There was always at least 15 people, so therefore it never went smoothly (great fun, but messy).
Since we had our own kids, we've stayed at home and had our own tradition (10 years).

3 weeks ago, Lorraine's granny passed away at 94 years, so we decided to go back and keep her parents company this Christmas dinner.
I said I would do the roast spuds. "Time them for 2pm" were my instructions. I did as asked... Then got a phone call to say that the oven was set to 'Grill' - Mr Turkey is raw :o

Dunno when we're gonna eat, but the Christmas drink is really kicking in now :lol:

Merry Christmas again everyone :wtf:
Sorry KK, but :lol: :lol: :lol:
I AGREE :lol: :lol: :lol:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Still no alcohol taken, am now stuffed after dinner so this will be a dry Christmas day ............... maybe not a bad thing :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Just driven back from our daughters so having my first drink now, a nice cold Thatchers cider.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
kk white wrote:IT'S ALL CHANGED HERE TODAY :shock:

For a few years we went to Lorraine's parents for Christmas dinner. There was always at least 15 people, so therefore it never went smoothly (great fun, but messy).
Since we had our own kids, we've stayed at home and had our own tradition (10 years).

3 weeks ago, Lorraine's granny passed away at 94 years, so we decided to go back and keep her parents company this Christmas dinner.
I said I would do the roast spuds. "Time them for 2pm" were my instructions. I did as asked... Then got a phone call to say that the oven was set to 'Grill' - Mr Turkey is raw :o

Dunno when we're gonna eat, but the Christmas drink is really kicking in now :lol:

Merry Christmas again everyone :wtf:
Sorry KK, but :lol: :lol: :lol:
I AGREE :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it's any consolation our roast (pork) was perfect and I'm taking credit. :D
Plenty left for tomoz and the day after.

Champagne bottle now empty ;)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Just driven back from our daughters so having my first drink now, a nice cold Thatchers cider.
Very similar, but been at the Mother In Laws, just having the first of many cold lagers :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

We're just finishing a bottle of Prosecco. The duck confit will be ready soon for which we've got an Austrian red.

Later on I suspect Mrs MW will be indulging in some Baileys, whilst I have my absolute favourite Cardenal Mendoza brandy to accomapny my decaf :D

PS Was very envious of NW's Chablis grand cru - top quality stuff!
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:
PS Was very envious of NW's Chablis grand cru - top quality stuff!
I toyed with the idea of opening it & decided late on that was to be our Christmas tipple. Funny after drinking Sauvignon for so long the first few sips sort of curled up the mouth edges but then the full taste was there. The bottle was a birthday/Christmas present from the eldest a couple of years back.

Anyway back onto the New Zealand today :D
Winner of the Europa League