Breakfast

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Breakfast

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I don’t mind a full English but there’s things I’d rather have here’s my breakfast of choice

Kippers, they have to be proper kippers not these plastic imitations with white bread & butter & cold milk

Devilled kidneys rarely on a breakfast menu but something we do at home

Porridge speaks for itself

Kedgeree we stay at one hotel where’s its still served

Ham & fried eggs ( nice thick cut ham with a little fat still on

What’s your ideal breakfast ?
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Breakfast

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Agree about a full English I’m partial to Eggs Benedict and smoked haddock with a poached egg.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

A small full Irish/English (we have Black Pudding included) is ok, but love to have fresh melon, yoghurt, cereal
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk white wrote: (we have Black Pudding included)
So do I :thumbup:

Occasionally we treat ourselves at the local cafe (we are friends with the owners) and they always include black pudding, unbelievable how many people ask for it left off or just leave it on the plate.

Most stuff on a traditional cooked breakfast I love with the exception of fried eggs, never been a egg fan and only way I'll eat them is as a Omelette.
Local Cafe mentioned above gives me a extra sausage instead of the egg :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

M&S do a lovely black pudding it’s really nice. When we were in Norfolk a few weeks ago & at breakfast I asked were the kippers proper kippers, Oh! yes sir they arrived they were plastic :twisted: they went straight back to be replaced with a bacon sandwich. Why do people lie :twisted:
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The best breakfast I ever had was in the White Lion in Hebden Bridge. It was always sizzling on the plate when it was served, no lukewarm stuff. My order was: 2 fried eggs, 4 rashers of bacon, 2 grilled tomato's, mushrooms, fried bread, beans. Pot of tea.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk white wrote:A small full Irish/English (we have Black Pudding included) is ok, but love to have fresh melon, yoghurt, cereal
Yep, a full Irish at the weekend, Saturday or Sunday. Sets you up for the day. Weekdays, a couple of rounds of toast with butter and honey and a mug of tea.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:M&S do a lovely black pudding it’s really nice. When we were in Norfolk a few weeks ago & at breakfast I asked were the kippers proper kippers, Oh! yes sir they arrived they were plastic :twisted: they went straight back to be replaced with a bacon sandwich. Why do people lie :twisted:
Clonakilty black pudding, the best black pudding by far.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:M&S do a lovely black pudding it’s really nice. When we were in Norfolk a few weeks ago & at breakfast I asked were the kippers proper kippers, Oh! yes sir they arrived they were plastic :twisted: they went straight back to be replaced with a bacon sandwich. Why do people lie :twisted:
Clonakilty black pudding, the best black pudding by far.
I'm right with you on that Davy! We got both their black and white puddings from Ocado for Christmas time and they were magnificent.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

Ah the joys of a full English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh breakfast...

Mrs MW usually requests it for high days and holidays, calling it desayuno real - royal breakfast. But we eat it at lunchtime.

Our favourite components are unsmoked bacon, Cumberland sausages, large grilled mushrooms, fried egg and black pudding. A big no-no is baked beans and not fussed about grilled tomatoes.

Or just a simple bacon sarni works a treat!
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....