Stuart Dallas - What do you think ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Stuart Dallas best position

Poll ended at 13 Feb 2022, 14:19

Right Fullback
20%
Left Fullback
16%
Right Wing
4%
Left Wing
No votes
Box to Box Midfielder
56%
Defensive Midfielder
No votes
No10 role
4%

Total votes: 25

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Stuart Dallas - What do you think ?

Post by Selby White »

Think virtually every Leeds fan appreciates the job Stuart has done filling in wherever he's needed.

But which is his best position in your view ?

Don't just vote add why you voted that way ?

Right Fullback
Left Fullback
Right Wing
Left Wing
Box to Box Midfielder
Defensive Midfielder
No10 role
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Stuart Dallas - What do you think ?

Post by Selby White »

It's a tough choice in my view I'd like to see him have a run of games on the Right Wing when we have a full squad available as think he could offer a lot.

Before everyone tells me Raph plays there I would switch Raph to the left.
I accept we would lose the ability of our wingers to cut in and shoot with their strongest foot but I like to see them get to the by-line and cross or pull the ball back for others to run onto.

Stuart on the wing for me puts one of our better crossers where he can create danger, his work rate would help out our RB. Of course he would get in attacking positions which to me makes sense as he's actually one of our better finishers.

That of course would put Harrison & James on the bench, they would be excellent impact substitutes against teams as they get tired.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

I've gone for right full back but accept that puts him in direct competition with Luke Ayling and would have both in my starting 11 so would need to find his 2nd best position.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Also went for right back, he's right footed, has a decent cross off his right foot and is also really good at cutting in from the right, so gives you the option of either the overlap outside Raph or cut inside to add an extra CM if needed.

I do actually really like him in the middle of the park as a box-to-box midfielder though.
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

Anywhere in the midfield for me. He can pass, he gets stuck in, he can get up and down the pitch with his pace, helping to defend when needed and arrives late in the box scoring a fair few goals. A real asset to the team in my view.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Got to be the number 10 role , as we simply haven't got anybody else to play there.
Hasent been since Pablo
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Emley White wrote:Anywhere in the midfield for me. He can pass, he gets stuck in, he can get up and down the pitch with his pace, helping to defend when needed and arrives late in the box scoring a fair few goals. A real asset to the team in my view.
Totally agree. He's very much similar to James Milner in that regard. More importantly, he's a player who will score a 7+/10 on a consistent basis every week. Every team needs a player like Dallas imo.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

I'm not sure I can answer that - A bit like asking what was Paul Madeley's best position

He's had some good games at RB, but currently you'd start Ayling there as first choice - LW or RW over Raph and Jack or Dan ? then probably not, yet you'd want him in the starting line up (not even sure when he lasted came on as a sub) - Agree the #10 role, with AF and KP behind him might be interesting

But for now, in what might be his best position for the team, then I'd say LB over Firpo
Last edited by guitarmark on 07 Feb 2022, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I'm not sure about Dallas as an out and out winger. I don't think he's a good enough 1 v 1 dribbler, in the way that Raphinha is, and Harrison is when he's on form. He's much better receiving the ball with the play ahead of him, which is why I think Dallas' best role is RWB. Consequently, I went with RB as his best position. Otherwise, I'd say RCM, with a view to drifting into wide areas, to create overloads and to free up Raphinha to drift inside.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
janecky
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by janecky »

Right wing back would probably be best role for him. Right now I would play him as number 10. Very happy to have someone this versatile in the team.