Russia / Ukraine

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Russia / Ukraine

Post by Davycc »

Things are looking bleak after Putin officially recognises the regions of Luhansk and Donetsk.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Russia / Ukraine

Post by johnh »

We should threaten that if he invades Ukraine, we will send the SAS in to take over the Kremlin and saw his table in half.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Well they have now gone into Eastern Ukraine so if the West are good to their word sanctions against Russia should start including freezing all Russian assets around the world.
Is that Chelsea up the creek without a paddle :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I don’t understand it all to be honest, but one word I do understand is the word ‘war’ and that’s been used several times now.

Not good.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Folks panic buying petrol again.
Winner of the Europa League
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Folks panic buying petrol again.
Suspect once everyone is full and petrol stations are quiet the price will come down, get mine then.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

All really depressing events, and it all feels much more tangible to me than previous conflicts and wars in Europe in the last few decades.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:All really depressing events, and it all feels much more tangible to me than previous conflicts and wars in Europe in the last few decades.
Agree mate, some of the pictures coming out are horrendous. I know a few Polish lads who go in the gym, and they are fearing their country will be next.

Perhaps one of the most stupid questions ever posted on this forum, but why don’t America just take out Putin himself ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:All really depressing events, and it all feels much more tangible to me than previous conflicts and wars in Europe in the last few decades.
Agree mate, some of the pictures coming out are horrendous. I know a few Polish lads who go in the gym, and they are fearing their country will be next.

Perhaps one of the most stupid questions ever posted on this forum, but why don’t America just take out Putin himself ?
Although he is unhinged I doubt he'll go for a Nato country such as Poland as that starts war with all NATO countries.
Money on next stop Moldova.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:

Stupid answer is that in spite of all the bloodshed and murder, it's a big game - not meaning to insult chess but that's what it feels like, or maybe Risk or something. If anyone acts 'unilaterally' then it will stir up support for the real scum here, Putin. Therefore it has to be NATO. And whilst there were plenty of pressures for NATO to make first move, that's exactly what Putin wanted - always acting the aggressed-upon rather than the truth, the psychotic aggressor. That's how I see it anyway, and it wasn't a stupid question IMHO :thumbup: