Marcelo Bielsa

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by corkleedsmot »

Yep think the same. He must know he is gone. Honestly I think this is a disaster.
We have 6 very winnable games coming. Win half of those and we are nearly out of trouble.
Nobody is getting more out of these players and tonight is the first night I have really thought we are going down.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:Ok, sensible posters have questioned my use of the words ‘Bielsa haters’. You’re are all correct, and I apologise.

Please can I change my words to Bielsa Doubters :D
I jumped on it way straight away, BB. It's just emotions from both sides. You're fiercely loyal and I love that by the way!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Ok, sensible posters have questioned my use of the words ‘Bielsa haters’. You’re are all correct, and I apologise.

I jumped on it way straight away, BB. It's just emotions from both sides. You're fiercely loyal and I love that by the way!
I was still a bit adrenaline fuelled in the car on the way home to be honest Dom, I won’t be doing that again that is for sure :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

What worries me the most is that we haven't played in a relegation battle before under MB. We have fought for promotion then played some amazing, beautiful football last year when nobody knew what to expect and more importantly, there was no fans so there was little pressure from any grounds we played at. This season, granted, we have had terrible luck with injuries but we play the same way and a blindman and his dog know how to counter that. Forget about the injuries now, that's just an excuse. We only have KP and PB missing. As for LC, most fans didn't even want him in their first 11 now suddenly he's counted as such! Recruitment was a joke for the last 3 windows which is also down to MB as I'm sure he would've gave the green light to some of VO's targets. MB said that there was no point in getting anyone for DM as we have 4 players in that position - Phillips, Forshaw, Koch and Struijk. Ok, fair enough, I'll go with that. How about the striker role? It's not even been mentioned to him. The man is a world class coach but his stubborness will see us probably go down. These players are mentally shot, they have lost faith in MB imo hence why are running stats are down and you look at our big name players and not one of them is in form and hasn't been for weeks now.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:

I was still a bit adrenaline fuelled in the car on the way home to be honest Dom, I won’t be doing that again that is for sure :D
Absolutely nothing wrong with it, BB! You're passionate about Leeds as we all are, if that's how you feel, then you let go and talk about it buddy :thumbup:
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

DominanceUK wrote:Forget about the injuries now, that's just an excuse. We only have KP and PB missing. As for LC, most fans didn't even want him in their first 11 now suddenly he's counted as such!
When talking about injured players we can't just look past Cooper even if a large group of our fans don't like him. Cooper started every single game until his injury, and we had 16 points in those 15 games. Since he's been out we've taken 7 points in 11 games. Whether people like him or not doesn't really matter, the fact is he's been pivotal in our defense for years.

And we should know to not put too much into what "most fans wanted".
A large percentage of our fan base said Cooper was too bad to get us up. And too bad to make us survive. He was a key player in our Champions team and he was a key player when we finished 9th.
A large percentage of our fan base couldn't wait to get rid of Alioski. Now probably all of them miss him.
A large percentage of our fan base wanted to change Bamford. Both when we were still in the Championship and definitively before our first season after promotion.
And a large percentage of our fan base back in the days were even speaking up about Kalvin Phillips being nothing special.

New manager or not, we really need these three players back, they are the core and the soul of this team.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

I just wanted to point out that I don't want MB gone at this moment in time. It's too late anyway. Give him to the end of the season, fingers crossed he keeps us up but in the summer let's go our separate ways,
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

My cousin works down at ER, just texted me that MB is sacked, will be announed later this evening or first thing tomorrow.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

DominanceUK wrote:My cousin works down at ER, just texted me that MB is sacked, will be announed later this evening or first thing tomorrow.
Please, let it be wrong! We owe him to much to sack him, please keep Bielsa for the rest of the season and then take a deep breath and consider what to do in the summer. It is not appropriate to sack Marcelo Bielsa. No way!
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

John Dane wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:My cousin works down at ER, just texted me that MB is sacked, will be announed later this evening or first thing tomorrow.
Please, let it be wrong! We owe him to much to sack him, please keep Bielsa for the rest of the season and then take a deep breath and consider what to do in the summer. It is not appropriate to sack Marcelo Bielsa. No way!
Particularly if we bring in Sam Allardyce. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.