Marcelo Bielsa

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by guitarmark »

DominanceUK wrote:My cousin works down at ER, just texted me that MB is sacked, will be announed later this evening or first thing tomorrow.
If true then very sad - I feel that if MB did not tweak/adjust his plans, then it would be hard for us to escape this dog fight anyway - Yet equally I think it is not the right time of the season for MB to go - Yet I bet if the board asked MB to change his tactics then he would, probably quite rightly, take that as an insult and walk anyway - The issue is which ever way you look at it there is no guarantee of safety anyway

If it is true then please do not let big Sam come and pay us a visit as that is just an insult - I'd rather gamble the remaining games with MB than Sam

No one wants to be at this end of the table and I dare say there are a number of factors involved as to why we are here - So unfair to put the blame on one person - But unfortunately it is the performance on the pitch that gets you the appropriate results and I know it is an old saying, but it is true and that is that the table never lies
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I wish him all the best. A magnificent man, united the Club and arugably the city. A very, very sad day if this is true. I wasn't around during the Revie era - unfortunately. MB will do go down as the best manager I've ever seen at this club and his memories will stay with me forever. Love and respect will always be there for you, MB
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Now I’m confused, posters who have criticised MB in several match threads/saying we need a change of manager are now saying he shouldn’t have been sacked :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anyway, now we are left with huge payouts for Bielsa and his staff, plus costs for the new coach Marsch and his staff when we wouldn’t have gone down with or without Bielsa :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The vast majority of fans, generally those who go every week, have turned on Radz now. I sincerely hope, for his sake, he hasn’t just made a massive error.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Blanc de blanc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Blanc de blanc »

Is this actually confirmed or just twitter talk?
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Barlow Boy wrote:Now I’m confused, posters who have criticised MB in several match threads/saying we need a change of manager are now saying he shouldn’t have been sacked :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anyway, now we are left with huge payouts for Bielsa and his staff, plus costs for the new coach Marsch and his staff when we wouldn’t have gone down with or without Bielsa :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

The vast majority of fans, generally those who go every week, have turned on Radz now. I sincerely hope, for his sake, he hasn’t just made a massive error.
Was going to write something similar but you have said it for me BB.
If this news is correct I will never forgive those keyboard warriors that have created this situation.
MB you've given us our most exciting time for many years personally I thank you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Barlow Boy wrote:Now I’m confused, posters who have criticised MB in several match threads/saying we need a change of manager are now saying he shouldn’t have been sacked :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I wanted him gone before Xmas, BB - if your comment is aimed at me? The board left it too late, I would've stuck with MB until the end of the season. 12 games to go, we need a miracle worker
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

DominanceUK wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Looks like the Bielsa haters are going to get their way, shameful.
How is it shaemful, BB?

Nobody hates MB. A lot of fans are disilliusional with his tactics/subs/formation etc. If you're happy to be battered week in, week out, then that's fine - that's upto you.
And that's a shameful comment too isn't it mate?
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

If this really is the decision, then we are not more than any other club. Newcastle, Watford, Leicester, Everton. Abandoning our manager while we are still above the relegation zone. If Radz and the other bosses had faith in Bielsa before the ManU game, they are weak to lose faith after these 3 games. Disappointing.

We will never know if this is the right decision. Let's just hope it's not the wrong.

We finished 13th in the Championship before he came in. He leaves us in 16th place in the Premier League.
If we drop from safety in the remaining part of the season it's not on him.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nowt on news I'm just hoping it's wrong.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Polkadot wrote:If this really is the decision, then we are not more than any other club. Newcastle, Watford, Leicester, Everton. Abandoning our manager while we are still above the relegation zone. If Radz and the other bosses had faith in Bielsa before the ManU game, they are weak to lose faith after these 3 games. Disappointing.

We will never know if this is the right decision. Let's just hope it's not the wrong.

We finished 13th in the Championship before he came in. He leaves us in 16th place in the Premier League.
If we drop from safety in the remaining part of the season it's not on him.
I'm of the understanding that MB is still our manager BUT it is expected that he will get the bullet soon.

The believed American 'successor' was in attendance today, so it has been said, but so was SF49 contingent so that does not necessarily mean any shadiness etc was going on. I'm genuinely 'hoping' that it is all part of a plan which includes MB leaving on good terms at the end of the season.

No disrespect to anyone on here, I think it would be mad to sack him and I have little time for anyone wanting rid of him with just 12 games left. But each to their own opinion, just show some respect to each other eh :thumbup: