Bielsa sacked - have the Club made the right decision?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Were the club right in sacking Marcelo

Yes
21%
No
70%
Undecided
10%

Total votes: 102

CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Bielsa sacked - have the Club made the right decision?

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Depends how personally hurt he is by the situation, sometimes if something upsets or pees you off enough you can't even bring yourself to look at it can you? On the other hand he's got such a deep connection with us he might literally not be able to look away.

I hope he follows us and I hope we as a club maintain a good relationship with him - I do think that having a Bielsa tribute match in the off-season between Newells and Leeds would be the most amazing thing to do for him and for both clubs, I really hope the leadership team at Leeds agree and organize a gesture of that kind of magnitude.
Last edited by Barlow Boy on 03 Mar 2022, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad Language
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Kind of guy he is, he will watch it all right and then spend days on end analysing every second of it until the next time we play and then do the same again :D It's to do with his professional pride and the way he is as a person
Keep The Faith / WAL
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Depends how personally hurt he is by the situation, sometimes if something upsets or pees you off enough you can't even bring yourself to look at it can you? On the other hand he's got such a deep connection with us he might literally not be able to look away.

I hope he follows us and I hope we as a club maintain a good relationship with him - I do think that having a Bielsa tribute match in the off-season between Newells and Leeds would be the most amazing thing to do for him and for both clubs, I really hope the leadership team at Leeds agree and organize a gesture of that kind of magnitude.
What a great idea... can you tweet it to the management team. I'd travel to Argentina for that.
I thought renaming Thorpe Arch was a great shout too.
Jesse is saying the right things... let's hope the players run with his ideas effectively and we get some wins to stay up.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Leicester White wrote:
CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Depends how personally hurt he is by the situation, sometimes if something upsets or pees you off enough you can't even bring yourself to look at it can you? On the other hand he's got such a deep connection with us he might literally not be able to look away.

What a great idea... can you tweet it to the management team. I'd travel to Argentina for that.
Jesse is saying the right things... let's hope the players run with his ideas effectively and we get some wins to stay up.
Agree - superb idea - But should be at ER so 35/36K can be there to applaud him and say thanks
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

guitarmark wrote:
Leicester White wrote:

Agree - superb idea - But should be at ER so 35/36K can be there to applaud him and say thanks
Or against his new club, I don't think he's finished in the game and expect him to be soon back in work.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Selby White wrote:...Or against his new club, I don't think he's finished in the game and expect him to be soon back in work.
Even more Widows of Bielsa to come yet so... :(
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

So Leeds vs the Socceroos? Yes seriously they did sound him out back in 2017, there are others saying they should get him now here in Oz as he is free.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Going back to the original question - Have the Club made the right decision ?

As said earlier I believe morally "NO"

So purely from a results point of view I will keep an open mind and judge in May by comparing remaining games against what points MB got against the same teams.
Only way I can think of doing it as justification by the Club was results.
Appreciate its not an exact science, lot may depend on players available, Jesse may actually have the advantage there if he gets Kalvin & Paddy back and keeps others fit.

So here we go (MB's points in brackets)
Leicester (1) - ?
Villa (1) - ?
Norwich (3) - ?
Wolves (1) - ?
Southampton (0) - ?
Watford (3) - ?
Chelsea (0) - ?
Crystal Palace (3) - ?
Man City (0) - ?
Arsenal (0) - ?
Brighton (1) - ?
Brentford (1) - ?

MB = 14pts which would have given us a total of 37ptwhich I believe would comfortably keep us up.
Over to you JM.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

It’s an interesting thought and process SW, we will see how it turns out. However, as you say, Marsch will have players to choose from whom MB didn’t, the opposition may have/not have players available etc.

I’ll be staggered if Marsch doesn’t get a higher points tally than MB from those games with the players he has returning.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

Barlow Boy wrote:It’s an interesting thought and process SW, we will see how it turns out. However, as you say, Marsch will have players to choose from whom MB didn’t, the opposition may have/not have players available etc.

I’ll be staggered if Marsch doesn’t get a higher points tally than MB from those games with the players he has returning.
Agree with BB its an interesting but simplistic thought process you use SW but possibly the only way to compare.
I'll be interested to watch how it pans out.
As stated availability of players for both teams is a factor.
Another difference is away games are now home and vice versa but suppose that evens itself out.

Of course it could be done by comparing results against each team from the last time we played them on each specific ground. Hence that is a win today :D