Bielsa sacked - have the Club made the right decision?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Were the club right in sacking Marcelo

Yes
21%
No
70%
Undecided
10%

Total votes: 102

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Bielsa sacked - have the Club made the right decision?

Post by NottinghamWhite »

According to SKY Sports
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Marcelo Bielsa sacked

Post by Barlow Boy »

Now official.

Some of you have got what you wanted, well done :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

On the club website now.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... elo-bielsa

The last sentence doesn't sit easy with me. The fact they aim to make an announcement on a new appointment suggests this was probably a done deal before a ball was kicked yesterday.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Replacement to be named tomorrow. Am absolutely gutted by this decision & wish him all the very best.
Winner of the Europa League
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

That’s why all the directors were there yesterday. I’m absolutely gutted!
Scott

Post by Scott »

Barlow Boy wrote:Now official.

Mate, with all due respect, I think the continued digs at people are a bit out of order. No one wanted rid of him. We all loved this era of Leeds and wanted to see continued success for the club and Marcelo. But for one reason or another, it's been a difficult year. But to make out that people wanted him gone, as if there was malicious intent, isn't fair in my eyes.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Scott wrote:

Mate, with all due respect, I think the continued digs at people are a bit out of order. No one wanted rid of him. We all loved this era of Leeds and wanted to see continued success for the club and Marcelo. But for one reason or another, it's been a difficult year. But to make out that people wanted him gone, as if there was malicious intent, isn't fair in my eyes.
Think what you like pal.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Scott wrote:

TBF Scott there have been those that have clearly stated on here they wanted him gone. That's their opinion, not everyones, but just as valid. I do however worry where we go now and how the players react. Sometimes people need to be careful what they wish for.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Scott

Post by Scott »

Davycc wrote:
Scott wrote:

TBF Scott there have been those that have clearly stated on here they wanted him gone. That's their opinion, not everyones, but just as valid. I do however worry where we go now and how the players react. Sometimes people need to be careful what they wish for.
Perhaps yeah, but I imagine most people were looking at it from a football point of view and worrying about form and ability to escape relegation. Certain posters feel like they're suggesting a bit of malice from anyone with an opposing view. Feels unfair to me.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Bielsa sacked have the Club made the right decision

Post by Leonickroberts »

Honestly wondering what the point is now. The hierarchy should be ashamed of themselves for the way they've executed this, regardless of whether it was the right footballing decision or not. They should be shouldering a huge part of the responsibility for this season's failings, but as ever Marcelo Bielsa, the best thing to happen to this club in my lifetime, will humbly take full responsibility while Orta and Kinnear get away with it.

Honestly couldn't really care what happens in the rest of the season now.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’