Welcome Jesse Marsch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Welcome Jesse Marsch

Post by Davycc »

Big thing for me will be if we stay up will we invest. If we don't it can't be said it was because MB wanted a small squad.

Still absolutely gutted Marcello has gone but as always I'll support those both on and off the pitch.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Sniffer wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:https://twitter.com/lufc/status/1498379 ... 00366?s=21

Seems the players have welcomed him.
Not Kalvin. Look at his body language, leaning back, pat on the back, half smile, let the others hug him.
I hope it works but the sacking was such a ... (I best not say on a family-oriented forum)
I dont expect Kalvin to be back playing before the international break, so Marsch has some weeks to win Kalvin over and make him believe in the project.

I haven’t watched a lot of Salzburg/Leipzig under Marsch, but I’m thinking that Kalvin will probably get a role more similar to his England role now. That can go both ways.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Any clues on how his team plays ? .. attacking ! Wingers !.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Daz5 wrote:Any clues on how his team plays ? .. attacking ! Wingers !.
High pressure, traditionally not with wide wingers. I expect 4-2-2-2 or a more narrow 4-2-3-1.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Polkadot wrote:To be fair to the people in charge, when Bielsa is out Marsch is probably the most interesting available replacement. He will have a hard time, cause every time we play bad people will think “did we really get rid of Bielsa for this?”, but fingers crossed he will build on Bielsas legacy.
Anything less than 4 goals conceded on Saturday will be a good start for Marsch.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Blanc de blanc
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Blanc de blanc »

If he does well, as we must hope he will, and keeps us up, will we be singing “Marsch-ing on Together”?

Sorry, I‘ll get my coat.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome Jesse!

I'm sure in time fans will begin to support you but at this time expect you probably won't get much from the fans at this point. You have enormous shoes to fill.

I hope like Biesla you will learn to understand what Leeds is about and believe in it 100% or it will be a short stay.

I hope you can match up with some of our great managers/head coaches we've had in the past (& recently). I hope you won't be a Jimmy Adamson or a Dave Hockaday!!!!

Good luck as your going to need it!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

just rewatched the video of him (apparently) meeting the players for the first time.

In my US working experience there were managers who could talk for a long time but not actually say anything. I was reminded of this by the video.

PS: he's the first American Premiership manager, right?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

mapperleywhite wrote:just rewatched the video of him (apparently) meeting the players for the first time.

In my US working experience there were managers who could talk for a long time but not actually say anything. I was reminded of this by the video.

Unless you count Ted Lasso? :D
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

mapperleywhite wrote:just rewatched the video of him (apparently) meeting the players for the first time.

2nd after Bob Bradley.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.