Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by corkleedsmot »

Metro1962 wrote:One thing I never knew and that is Everton have never in their history been relegated,So Lampard could take them down.
They have but not in like 70 years. Never been out of PL though
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:One thing I never knew and that is Everton have never in their history been relegated,So Lampard could take them down.
I stand corrected. :)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I appreciate Everton have just been done 5-0, and they have some tricky fixtures coming up, but I think they will be ok.

I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I backed Norwich, Watford and Brentford at 18/1 to be relegated a little while back, so from an extremely selfish point of view I hope it’s them three that go :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Metro1962
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Metro1962 »

Frank Lampard? They might as well have Frank Spencer as their manager.........or do they have that already. :lol:
corkleedsmot

Post by corkleedsmot »

Barlow Boy wrote:I appreciate Everton have just been done 5-0, and they have some tricky fixtures coming up, but I think they will be ok.

I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I backed Norwich, Watford and Brentford at 18/1 to be relegated a little while back, so from an extremely selfish point of view I hope it’s them three that go :D
I do think they will have enough but Lampard being a thoroughly awful coach and person has them right in the mix. I hope you win your bet as its the most likely way we stay up imo
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Everton .......LOSE! :clap: :clap: :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I appreciate Everton have just been done 5-0, and they have some tricky fixtures coming up, but I think they will be ok.

I do think they will have enough but Lampard being a thoroughly awful coach and person has them right in the mix. I hope you win your bet as its the most likely way we stay up imo
Cheers pal :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Metro1962 wrote:Frank Lampard? They might as well have Frank Spencer as their manager.........or do they have that already. :lol:
You know they hammered us only a few weeks ago?
Leonickroberts

Post by Leonickroberts »

Barlow Boy wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:

Cheers pal :thumbup:
I agree with you BB - Everton will survive despite Fat Frank, not because of him. As Nic's great analysis above shows, they have probably the kindest fixtures, and their squad is a cut above. The more they lose though, the better though. I absolutely bloody love seeing that arrogant, smug man humiliated, so the closer they end up to the drop the better. I say this having no real dislike for Everton as a club.

The next week is going to be a big one for the bottom, with Brentford vs Burnley (assuming we want a draw here?) and Us vs Norwich.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

corkleedsmot wrote:
I think it was season 1950/51. I had a threepenny bet with the lad at the next desk who supported Liverpool, that Everton would not be relegated. Having to hand over that threepenny bit was worse than Everton going down! :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.