Relegation rivals

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Relegation rivals

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
Metro1962 wrote:One thing I never knew and that is Everton have never in their history been relegated,So Lampard could take them down.
They have but not in like 70 years. Never been out of PL though
I think it was season 1950/51. I had a threepenny bet with the lad at the next desk who supported Liverpool, that Everton would not be relegated. Having to hand over that threepenny bit was worse than Everton going down! :shock:
I almost remember the old threepenny :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

Barlow Boy wrote:I appreciate Everton have just been done 5-0, and they have some tricky fixtures coming up, but I think they will be ok.

I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I backed Norwich, Watford and Brentford at 18/1 to be relegated a little while back, so from an extremely selfish point of view I hope it’s them three that go :D
I hope you're right BB. The spanner in the works might be the January window - Newcastle bought well, Villa got Coutinho and Brentford Eriksen.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

A scan of the bookies has us 4th favs for relegation -
Varies slightly between bookies but averages out something like this -

Norwich - 1/33
Watford - 1/9
Burnley - 1/1
Leeds - 9/5
Everton - 10/3
Brentford - 4/1
The Squirrel

Post by The Squirrel »

Leonickroberts wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I appreciate Everton have just been done 5-0, and they have some tricky fixtures coming up, but I think they will be ok.

I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I backed Norwich, Watford and Brentford at 18/1 to be relegated a little while back, so from an extremely selfish point of view I hope it’s them three that go :D
I do think they will have enough but Lampard being a thoroughly awful coach and person has them right in the mix. I hope you win your bet as its the most likely way we stay up imo
Cheers pal :thumbup:
I agree with you BB - Everton will survive despite Fat Frank, not because of him. As Nic's great analysis above shows, they have probably the kindest fixtures, and their squad is a cut above. The more they lose though, the better though. I absolutely bloody love seeing that arrogant, smug man humiliated, so the closer they end up to the drop the better. I say this having no real dislike for Everton as a club.

The next week is going to be a big one for the bottom, with Brentford vs Burnley (assuming we want a draw here?) and Us vs Norwich.
Not sure how Everton have the Kindest fixtures, still to play Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and chelsea, along with Wolves and Leicester twice.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Agree with Squirrel Everton have a tough set of fixtures.
Can also see fixture congestion playing a part.

Wolves H
Newcastle H
Palace A - cup
West Ham A
Man Utd H
Liverpool A
Chelsea H
Leicester A
Brentford H
Arsenal A

TBA
Leicester H
Burnley A
Palace H
Watford A
guitarmark

Post by guitarmark »

A few reports today ref a potential points deduction for Everton - Awaiting final accounts, which are late, but based on heavy loses over the last few years, they have lost to much for to long - See how this pans out
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

guitarmark wrote:A few reports today ref a potential points deduction for Everton - Awaiting final accounts, which are late, but based on heavy loses over the last few years, they have lost to much for to long - See how this pans out
Interesting considering they got players in January.

Frankie doing for Everton what he did for Derby maybe :lol:
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

I would like to hope that we keep control of whether we stay up or not in our own hands based on our own performances and results. Having said that if Everton get dinged by even 5 points they're going down and I will not be complaining about it, it's slightly mean and petty but I am not going to lie, I will get a little chuckle out of watching Lampard get interviewed having got Everton relegated.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:I would like to hope that we keep control of whether we stay up or not in our own hands based on our own performances and results. Having said that if Everton get dinged by even 5 points they're going down and I will not be complaining about it, it's slightly mean and petty but I am not going to lie, I will get a little chuckle out of watching Lampard get interviewed having got Everton relegated.
Aye, me too but I really don't see it happening - if any points are to be deducted I think it would be imposed next season, there's no way it could be implemented this season.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Jeez - Looks as if they were in a hole and have continued digging.

FFL not withstanding you have to feel for the genuine fans who see their Club looking into the abyss.
Keep The Faith / WAL