2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Davycc »

Going to be shot down here but haven't got involved re Raphinha. The season before las he was fantastic this season he did bits and pieces but I think he's been found out. Keep him off his left foot he'll always try to cut in and you have him. I know many amazing players only really had one foot but Raph may as well leave his right boot off.

(he'll now go to Chelski win ther Ballon D'Or single handedly lift the world cup for Brazil and I'll speak no more)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

HalifaxWhite wrote:Richarlison to Spurs for 50mil plus add ons up to 60. Surely our price for Raphinha has to go up now. If we sold Raph for the same price it's a joke. He's 10x the player Richarlison is, also way more impact mon the national team too.
I dont think we can expect a lot more than that. Richarlyson is half a year younger, they both have 2 years left on the contract. Raphinha has 2 seasons in Premier League, Richarlinson has 5. For the National team Raphinha have played like 10 times, Richarlinson is pushing 40 already.
There is no reason to believe Raphinha is worth a lot more than Richarlinson (but a little bit yesk), so if we get the reported 60-65 then we should probably be pretty happy about that.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Polkadot wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:Richarlison to Spurs for 50mil plus add ons up to 60. Surely our price for Raphinha has to go up now. If we sold Raph for the same price it's a joke. He's 10x the player Richarlison is, also way more impact mon the national team too.
I dont think we can expect a lot more than that. Richarlyson is half a year younger, they both have 2 years left on the contract. Raphinha has 2 seasons in Premier League, Richarlinson has 5. For the National team Raphinha have played like 10 times, Richarlinson is pushing 40 already.
There is no reason to believe Raphinha is worth a lot more than Richarlinson (but a little bit yesk), so if we get the reported 60-65 then we should probably be pretty happy about that.
Richarlison has played 5 or so seasons in the PL none of them as good as Raphs first or even as his 2nd. If he was half as good as he thinks he is he'd be up there with Raphinha.

I'm not saying we should be asking double but we should get at least the 65mil we're asking now that Richarlison has gone for 50-60
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
Polkadot wrote:
Richarlison has played 5 or so seasons in the PL none of them as good as Raphs first or even as his 2nd. If he was half as good as he thinks he is he'd be up there with Raphinha.

I'm not saying we should be asking double but we should get at least the 65mil we're asking now that Richarlison has gone for 50-60
I'd have them as very similar standard and the goal statistics back that up. last two seasons their goals per game numbers are very close.
Last season Raph scored 11 from 35 while Richarlison 10 from 30.
Both arguably their teams most dangerous player although I agree that Raph didn't always perform at his best. Can't comment on whether Richarlison was as in consistent as didn't see anywhere near all his games, waa dangerous on the odd occasion I did watch.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Polkadot wrote:

I'd have them as very similar standard and the goal statistics back that up. last two seasons their goals per game numbers are very close.
Both arguably their teams most dangerous player although I agree that Raph didn't always perform at his best. Can't comment on whether Richarlison was as in consistent as didn't see anywhere near all his games, waa dangerous on the odd occasion I did watch.
It think it's been said in here before though, it's not all about goals and assists. Richarlison played most of last season as a striker while Raph was an out and out winner so having similar goals goes massively in Raphs favour. But also, the skills and dribbling. Remember the amount of times he's sat a defender down, or the one against Cahill that basically ended him. That's the magic that puts his value high for me. Pure entertainment for the fa s but only in situations where it actually matters too, not poi tress flashyness like Neymar for example.

Anyway he's going so let's just hope we get good money and a good replacement
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I have a sneaky suspicion that he will go to Barca. Barca are waiting for the deal of Frenkie De Jong to Scum to go through which will then allow them to sign Rafa. The thing that worries me about that is I don't think we'll get as much money upfront as Chelski would give us. Another negative on Chelski's side is that they play 3-4-2-1 (wing backs) under Tuchel. Rafa hates the wing back role and I can't see him playing as an inside forward as you're not getting the best out of him in either role
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
HalifaxWhite wrote:
Polkadot wrote:

It think it's been said in here before though, it's not all about goals and assists. Richarlison played most of last season as a striker while Raph was an out and out winner so having similar goals goes massively in Raphs favour. But also, the skills and dribbling. Remember the amount of times he's sat a defender down, or the one against Cahill that basically ended him. That's the magic that puts his value high for me. Pure entertainment for the fa s but only in situations where it actually matters too, not poi tress flashyness like Neymar for example.

Anyway he's going so let's just hope we get good money and a good replacement
It's all opinion but i would rate both as very equal in terms of value to their club.
Other similarities of course is both in the Brazil squad.
To be honest Raph is great when it's going well but he was very inconsistent at times last season. Saying that isn't it most wingers.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

DominanceUK wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion that he will go to Barca. Barca are waiting for the deal of Frenkie De Jong to Scum to go through which will then allow them to sign Rafa. The thing that worries me about that is I don't think we'll get as much money upfront as Chelski would give us. Another negative on Chelski's side is that they play 3-4-2-1 (wing backs) under Tuchel. Rafa hates the wing back role and I can't see him playing as an inside forward as you're not getting the best out of him in either role
Think you could be right.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CanuckMightyWhite
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

DominanceUK wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion that he will go to Barca. Barca are waiting for the deal of Frenkie De Jong to Scum to go through which will then allow them to sign Rafa. The thing that worries me about that is I don't think we'll get as much money upfront as Chelski would give us. Another negative on Chelski's side is that they play 3-4-2-1 (wing backs) under Tuchel. Rafa hates the wing back role and I can't see him playing as an inside forward as you're not getting the best out of him in either role
Exactly my thoughts, further justified by Chelsea attempting to unsuccessfully hijack the Richarlison deal. I think they (Chelsea) know it’s a long shot to get Raphinha. I’m leaning towards a Barca move for Raphinha but am hugely concerned about the fees and their structure. Still fear we will offer a discount to Barca, 60M+ may be a pipe dream, hope not.

From Raphinha’s point of view, if he only wants to move to Barca, then he may be better served to sign a new deal with us at a more affordable release clause. Something like a 3 yr 110k pw wages and a 50M release clause activated in January, which could be 40M next summer or something.
We get another half year to a full season of Raphinha and still recoup some value. He gets his Barca move, but I still think Barca mess that up too.
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

They agreed the sale of 10% of their TV rights last night for 200+ million. I reckon they tried to play poor and force Raph out on the cheap before it getting out they had 200 mill banked. I think they will register their 2 players that are unregistered and sign Raph and Lew now but I think they are trying to put Leeds under pressure still. As long as Leeds do not buckle we will get the 60-65 either way I think. I would def want any fee upfront from Barca because of their financial situation :D

Looks like Camara will be decided tomorrow. The Salzburg guy who calls all the Salzburg deals way ahead of time said he will put it out tomorrow. Brighton gave Camara a Friday deadline supposedly so that would make sense. He must be leaning towards us but we may have been too slow here. hope for the best I suppose.