2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

Polkadot wrote:
Selby White wrote: I've said it before I have concerns about integrating a lot of players into a very close nit squad would hate to have a dressing room with no spirit like Man Utd.
This is a great point, luckily we have a captain with a working brain and good social skills and other leader figures in the squad that seems to have different priorities than “me, me, me” unlike Man Utd… :lol:
Good point think we have some very down to earth senior pro's that very much buy into the "side before self" philosophy. Think actually Marsch commented on it not long after he arrived. Recall him mentioning that there were more ego's in the U'23s than the first team.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Romano has just confirmed Lavia fee to Southampton at 12mil. Now that is very high for a youth player with 1 first team appearance to his name. Puts the 7mil for Gyabi into context and probably explains why we chose that route.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Oddschanger
@Oddschanger

Bayern Munich have told Barcelona they don't want any instalments in any deal for Robert Lewandowski and that they want all the money upfront in cash because Bayern believes that FC Barcelona won't exist in "one or two years time".
:shock: :lol:
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

Tyler Roberts clearing the way for Luis Sinesterra to take the 11 shirt and become LS11 8-)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Tyler Roberts apparently is having a medical at the moment at QPR in a deal worth £4:5m.
Winner of the Europa League
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Selby White wrote:
Polkadot wrote:
Selby White wrote: I've said it before I have concerns about integrating a lot of players into a very close nit squad would hate to have a dressing room with no spirit like Man Utd.
This is a great point, luckily we have a captain with a working brain and good social skills and other leader figures in the squad that seems to have different priorities than “me, me, me” unlike Man Utd… :lol:
Good point think we have some very down to earth senior pro's that very much buy into the "side before self" philosophy. Think actually Marsch commented on it not long after he arrived. Recall him mentioning that there were more ego's in the U'23s than the first team.
Good points and something I've been thinking about over the last few weeks - Sooner or later the Bielsa EFL side would be history anyway - Players move on and players get old - Add to that those that are no longer of the quality that we need (And that is not meant to be-little them) - MB would be making changes in due course anyway - We have few of this EFL side now left, especially those that will be first X1 next season

Yet I feel all sides need an identity - The player(s) who is somehow the heart of the team - Tony Adams, John Terry, S Pearce, Stevie G etc etc - The guy who is part of the club thru' and thru' - Not clicky that they don't welcome changes, new players, but wear the badge with pride and integrity that the fans relate to - New players join a club and can become a favourite, Patrick Vieira for instance - So unsure how our new signings will blend in and who will lead the line - Hope we've not just purchased a bunch of players who wait each month for a wage check - as the NZ All Blacks say, 'wear the shirt with pride and leave it in a better state than you found it'. So here hoping the side before self policy continues
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Tyler Roberts apparently is having a medical at the moment at QPR in a deal worth £4:5m.
I’d be very happy with that amount if I’m honest. Good luck to him I’ve never knocked a Leeds player and never will.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Tyler Roberts apparently is having a medical at the moment at QPR in a deal worth £4:5m.
I’d be very happy with that amount if I’m honest. Good luck to him I’ve never knocked a Leeds player and never will.
Good luck to him. I felt for him at times last season when it seemed that nothing but nothing was going right for him. The worse it got the harder he seemed to rush and try and things just got worse. I did think that he should have been sidelined for a spell but he kept getting selected. Never stopped trying but basically bombed in the Premiership.
I think he'll do OK in the Championship and, who knows, might make an impression in the World Cup :D
Keep The Faith / WAL