2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

corkleedsmot wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Confirmation from the club that Charlie Cresswell has joined Millwall on a season long loan.

As mentioned earlier, he’s first team ready for me so I’m a little bit disappointed with this one, but at least he will get proper game time.
I do worry with our defenders injury records too. Hope their is a recall option. It is best for his development though. I think he is high level senior football ready but PL is a big jump.
It’d be staggered if there isn’t a recall option, I doubt we’d need it with the CB options we have but you never know.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Scott
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Scott »

Disappointed to see Cresswell heading out. Thought this could have been his year to break through, as he's looked solid whenever he's been on the pitch for the first team. However, hopefully he'll come back In an even better position next summer.
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Scott wrote:Thought this could have been his year to break through
I guess it will be his break through year. A great season at Championship level, then hopefully ready to play every week in Premier Leagues. Everything is ready for him to do what Ben White did. In 2 years time he might be a 40-50m player.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

On the Forest forum one poster says that us losing Kalvin will seriously weaken our squad. This is the reply.

Aaronson (Saltzburg) for 30, Roca (Bayern) and Kristensen (Saltzburg) for 10 each. That's not a weakened squad.
Winner of the Europa League
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:On the Forest forum one poster says that us losing Kalvin will seriously weaken our squad. This is the reply.

Aaronson (Saltzburg) for 30, Roca (Bayern) and Kristensen (Saltzburg) for 10 each. That's not a weakened squad.
Totally agree with this. People confuse squad and starting 11.
Losing KP weakens our staring 11 yes no doubt. He is a world class CDM.
However our actual squad is better at this point, as we saw last year, lose KP for large parts and we struggled. Depth was required
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So we await what the future holds for

Ian Poveda
Tyler Roberts
Helder Costa
Leif Davis
Cody Drameh
Jamie Shackleton
KiKo Casilla

Thoughts ?
Winner of the Europa League
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So we await what the future holds for

Ian Poveda
Tyler Roberts
Helder Costa
Leif Davis
Cody Drameh
Jamie Shackleton
KiKo Casilla

Thoughts ?
Poveda - ? See what he can offer during pre-season friendlies - suspect he'll be better moving on - Did not see enough of him, on a consistent basis, in the EFL to think he can be a PL player for us

Roberts - Thanks but no thanks - Let him be sold to a EFL team - And best wishes to him

Leif Davis - As per Poveda

Shackleton - Like the guy but don't think he'll ever be more than a squad player - Never done anything wrong - and wish him all the best, but better for both parties if he was sold

Kiko Casilla - Again, better for both parties he was allowed to go back to Spain - With the best wishes - remember in the EFL he went something like 11 clean sheets before Christmas

Cody - Keep and let him see what he can do with a good pre-season tour/friendlies and the first few games - That is based on the good reports he had whilst on loan at Cardiff

Costa - Inconsistent - Yet part of me thinks there is something there and worth keeping for now, as a potential impact sub - I'd rather have him coming on as a sub with 20 to go, than Roberts
NIK MOT
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by NIK MOT »

Leeds are set to sign Tyler Adams from RB Leipzig, done deal and here we go! Deal completed for £20m fee [add ons included]. It’s 100% agreed, Jesse Marsch wanted him.

Adams will travel to England soon to undergo medical tests and sign long term deal with Leeds.

Source F. Romano!
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

NIK MOT wrote:Leeds are set to sign Tyler Adams from RB Leipzig, done deal and here we go! Deal completed for £20m fee [add ons included]. It’s 100% agreed, Jesse Marsch wanted him.

Adams will travel to England soon to undergo medical tests and sign long term deal with Leeds.

Source F. Romano!
Hmm this a big fee for a midfielder with 1 goal and 4 assists in 4 years at one of the best teams in the league. Hopefully those stats shared previously prove true about the other stuff he brings to the table. Still a big fee though for an unproven player.

Just had a look, most of his appearances are from the bench. So we're paying 20mil for a player who is a squad player for a decent side in a poor league. Madness.

10 mil I'd be okay with

Does this mean Camara is not happening?
The Fonz
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by The Fonz »

HalifaxWhite wrote:
NIK MOT wrote:Leeds are set to sign Tyler Adams from RB Leipzig, done deal and here we go! Deal completed for £20m fee [add ons included]. It’s 100% agreed, Jesse Marsch wanted him.

Source F. Romano!
Hmm this a big fee for a midfielder with 1 goal and 4 assists in 4 years at one of the best teams in the league. Hopefully those stats shared previously prove true about the other stuff he brings to the table. Still a big fee though for an unproven player.

Just had a look, most of his appearances are from the bench. So we're paying 20mil for a player who is a squad player for a decent side in a poor league. Madness.

10 mil I'd be okay with

Does this mean Camara is not happening?
Can see your point but describing the German Bundesliga as a poor league is a bit far fetched.