2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2022 - 2023 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Barlow Boy »

Tyler Roberts departure confirmed....

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... rs-on-loan
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
HalifaxWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by HalifaxWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Tyler Roberts departure confirmed....

On loan, that's interesting.

Either
A. The club see a future for him here if he can kick on with regular game time, or at least they see his value increasing with good performances in the championship.
B. QPR were reluctant to spend what we were asking for a player with a poor recent record.

Perhaps a combination of the two.

Good luck to him
bearskin
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by bearskin »

Scott wrote:Although we've not signed a striker yet, it may be the case that they've decided we don't necessarily need a lot more depth there. With Aaronson, Adams and Roca coming in, it frees up Rodrigo as a back up to Paddy up front, and we've got Joffy there as well. They're maybe just decided that's enough for now.
I'd say it is. I like the idea of those three up front with the wingers and now our midfielders... sounds OK to me.
brayster1972
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by brayster1972 »

Selby White wrote:[*]

Welcome to the forum, enjoy :wave:
Thank you
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

bearskin wrote:
Scott wrote:Although we've not signed a striker yet, it may be the case that they've decided we don't necessarily need a lot more depth there. With Aaronson, Adams and Roca coming in, it frees up Rodrigo as a back up to Paddy up front, and we've got Joffy there as well. They're maybe just decided that's enough for now.
I'd say it is. I like the idea of those three up front with the wingers and now our midfielders... sounds OK to me.
I think, certainly I'm hoping, that with a 4-2-2-2 style formation, that Rodrigo can play with PB - Not instead off - That way I feel Rodrigo can offer more - He certainly has an eye for a killer pass/gap at times, but equally on his own up front, or playing in midfield, we have not seen the best of him - A free player within the 2 up front option could be a good combination - That allows for both Gelhardt and Greenwood to cover both players as required, be it as a sub, or starting when required
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Maybe we need to see what happens with Raph - But based on new signings so far, how do you see the starting line up v Wolves - based on a 4-2-2-2 formation - Then how does Dallas, Ayling and Forshaw fit into this as/when available - I see all 3 as squad players, rather than than starters
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

brayster1972 wrote:
Selby White wrote:[*]

Welcome to the forum, enjoy :wave:
Thank you
Yep welcome - and welcome to the liveliest thread on the forum, at the liveliest time of year :lol:
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

HalifaxWhite wrote:

Either
A. The club see a future for him here if he can kick on with regular game time, or at least they see his value increasing with good performances in the championship.
B. QPR were reluctant to spend what we were asking for a player with a poor recent record.

Good luck to him
I'm happy to see Tyler go, I personally didn't think he ever showed that he can make it at this level - but that doesn't mean he's terrible and can't make a good career in the game, I just think he's Championship level. So I hope for his sake that this is a good move and helps him find his next permanent home by impressing QPR and/or anyone else watching.
Yeboahswitness
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Yeboahswitness »

HalifaxWhite wrote:

Either

Good luck to him
Yep. One Tyler in the squad rule applied
Polkadot
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Polkadot »

Barlow Boy wrote:So, forgive my lack of knowledge on the new players, and I’m including some of those potentially to be signed and putting some players ahead of others (e.g Kristenson/Ayling) but would we be looking at something like this....

Meslier
Kristenson, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo,
Roca,Adams,
Raphinha, Aaronsson,Sinisterra,
CDK
I have limited knowledge about De Ketelaere, but based on what I have seen, heard and read about him I would be a little surprised if he will be played as a lone striker. I’m imagining him to be playing up front together with Bamford or Joffy or just behind one of them. But I was surprised Bielsa played James alone up front too, so who knows :)